Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Demo Reel! (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34980)

stwert 17-01-2011 06:44 AM

Demo Reel!

Just "finished" my demo reel (a demo reel is never finished, right?). Let me know what you think, or if that's too vague, what's your favorite and least favorite shot. If you like it, maybe like it :)... no not Facebook "like"... ew. Vimeo like it. ;)

Demo Reel 2011 on Vimeo

17-01-2011 08:28 AM

I love the way you put that together man, this is the first time I've managed to sit through a demo reel. Great job!

How did you set up the part with the turntables? Was it just put together in After Effects? I loved that bit

David 17-01-2011 09:19 AM

I liked it is's different which after you've sat through several million of the same demo real is quite nice

bullet1968 17-01-2011 12:26 PM

Cool man love it.....the bedroom was a bit dark but the whole thing was pretty damn good mate...well done!

cheers bullet

Joey81 17-01-2011 01:33 PM

Seriously Creative :) Love it!

maheshsubbiah 17-01-2011 03:26 PM

I really liked the turntable idea. Very creative. Very different. Keep it up

Mahesh

stwert 17-01-2011 05:28 PM

Thanks everyone! Yeah, I wanted to try something different and more than just turning models with wireframes wiping on and off. The turntables were built and animated in maya, rendered with mental ray, then composited and buttons added with after effects.

honestdom 17-01-2011 05:35 PM

very nice man, i like it.
although i agree the bedroom is dark.

stwert 17-01-2011 05:39 PM

Thanks... and fair enough about the bedroom. In my defense, I didn't actually light that scene, that's the one short that was a group project as mentioned in the vimeo description. For that shot I modelled and textured almost the whole room, and was in charge of file management, scene organization and cleanup, rendering etc etc. and I did the animation for the other shot from that short.

PenPixels 10-11-2011 06:50 PM

Stwert-

What software was that you used to make that pointer click on and off. Does that feature come with Maya. If so which version of Maya. That was amazing, very different than you normally see out there, Cleaver :)

ctbram 10-11-2011 07:41 PM

I like it a lot stwert. I really like the lazy Susie and the music and agree it is very creative.

Jay 10-11-2011 11:20 PM

Its okay but the editing needs sorting. It jumps to and from the subjects too often. I found myself going 'why'?

J

stwert 10-11-2011 11:39 PM

Thanks guys... Jay, I agree, for my next iteration I'll make sure it's more cohesive and be a bit more selective. It's from January. It was a great learning experience, but there's many things I would change.

PenPixels, that's all after effects. I animated the turntable to how I thought it should be in Maya in terms of swivelling back and forth, and then did the mouse and buttons and wireframe transitions in AE.