Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   ZF1 Gun! Fifth Element (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5123)

M 12-04-2003 04:50 AM

ZF1 Gun! Fifth Element

1 Attachment(s)
Hey, if you havent seen it yet, this has been the final render of my challenge in the battle arena! Anyways, i was quite happy with it and now its time to texture it. the competition is now over, now its time for the hardest part (in my opinion :(). Anyways, if i could be getting any help from you or C&C along the way it would be great! I may need help when it comes to certain parts :P. I should have updates soon.

aldudeau 13-04-2003 01:48 AM

Hey M
the gun looks awesome! i want one! i thinks that (if it is supposed to be a high polygon model) the back of the gun looks to square compared to the front. Thats about it. cant wait to see it textured.

ragecgi 13-04-2003 02:44 AM

Me too! I'd love to see it textured!

Vectorman 13-04-2003 04:40 AM

can't wait man, that thing is Da Bomb.

and BTW that is not the Actual final render you posted = P

M 13-04-2003 05:22 AM

Lol, ok its a bit different vector man ;). And aldudeau... i agree, the front is much more detailed then the back.. The thing is, to tell you the truth.. after making this gun i was quite happy about it and basically excited because its the first thing i am quite happy with for my time working with maya. Anyways, i popped in the fifth matrix dvd and wow... the gun was a bit different than i thought, so i am going to be doing a few details to it first off.. and then i will be texturing it rage cgi :D. I will be taking screenshots from the dvd, and then trying to get the colors right.. seeing that the outside of the gun is quite dull but bright, but the inside is so chromed and glossy its not even funny! I will decide if i want to make a brand new one, or one that has seen battles :), (probably seen battles.. mwa ha ha). Ok, ttyl, cya

M 13-04-2003 08:40 AM

http://forums.simplymaya.com/attachm...=&postid=46385

Hey, thats a picture of a smoothed out version (but bright) ZF1. Ok, i have a few details to add and one of them i need help on. Where you put your hand in to go for the handle, along the bottom shell piece there, there is a long zig zaggy piece of rubber going from one side to the other. Anyways, instead of making 40 rows of polys go up and down and up and down to make the zigzag pattern, is there any way to do this with textures? Thanks :).

anita 13-04-2003 09:20 AM

I LOVE It ..this is f.. A!..zig zag? didnt understand exactly...

aldudeau 13-04-2003 09:55 AM

you know what you should do M? Animate it how it expandes like in the movie. that would be way cool. love the model so far. Great job!!!

M 13-04-2003 05:38 PM

:O, good idea aldudeau... and anita.. thanks a lot :D. I figured out what i was trying to say last night :). I will be TRYING to animate this gun, just when i built it i didnt take into account a few things.. so the thickness isnt 100% right :P.

Vectorman 13-04-2003 08:47 PM

should be very cool man

ragecgi 13-04-2003 10:36 PM

For the zig-zag thing, maybe you could try a displacement map > to polygon conversion?

Not very clear on what/where you mean...

Maybe you could post a pic of the area in the reference photos so we can see what you mean?

Thanks!

M 14-04-2003 01:19 AM

AAAAH, LOL.. im sooo stupid. I forgot about the darts, and the thing that comes out of the top! Well, i have to watch the dvd once again and get some screenshots. I will show you the gun from the actual movie once i get a chance tonight :). Thanks ragecgi! I actually figured it out, i will show you in my next render ;). Hopefully tonight (my time) i should have the gun with the arrow and the top compartment modelled... so that the whole model is done, and ready to finally be textured :).

M 14-04-2003 03:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Alright, i have made almost an exact copy of the ZF1. theres a few things that are a bit different but this is the best i can do :P. Now its time to finally start texturing!

Vectorman 14-04-2003 11:35 PM

SICK! I like how that bump part turned out. Well Done!

BTW you can convert bump map to poly!?!?!

M 15-04-2003 12:33 AM

Its all poly vectorman :), and thanks :D.