Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   March Challenge - Environment - Some Guy (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35197)

Some Guy 01-03-2011 11:23 AM

March Challenge - Environment - Some Guy

City of the Monoliths

Sup Dudes

My idea is an all natural environment, large stone structures and an overwhelming feeling of size.
Im thinking of also making a few Half-Life'esqe organic creatures to fit in to this tall wonderland I envsion.

Stay tuned for something i hope is awesome!

Some Guy 01-03-2011 01:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Starting one of the creatures. Think the elephants from some of Dalis paintings, really tall and spindly. These are all gonna be Low Polygon cause they wont be seen close up. Gonna work hard on the shaders for this one cause i reckon thatll make or break it.

Some Guy 01-03-2011 11:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This little guy is finished! Very low poly but i really like the way it turned out!

Peace

Jay 01-03-2011 11:28 PM

Dude

you have given me an idea for a creature - good man!! good start
Jay

Chirone 01-03-2011 11:35 PM

I think I know which elephants you're referring to.

I expect something crazy from you!

stwert 02-03-2011 12:18 AM

Nice work! I'm normally not a violent person (really) but I want to hit those things across the legs with a baseball bat, they'd snap like toothpicks. Hahaha.

twisteddragon33 02-03-2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stwert (Post 315314)
Nice work! I'm normally not a violent person (really) but I want to hit those things across the legs with a baseball bat, they'd snap like toothpicks. Hahaha.

I couldnt agree more. Except i am a violent person....

Some Guy 02-03-2011 04:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the kind words guys!

Heres my idea for a basic composition. The concept is that a child has somehow found his way to this surreal place by flying his "rocket ship". Im going to add heaps more detail to the environment and i have an idea for some monolith structures. Ill have the child poking out of the box complete with box helmet and gear! Some more creatures too, so ill get designing!

Peace Y'all

stwert 02-03-2011 04:12 AM

That is a fantastic concept. I'm very much looking forward to the synthesis of this piece. If I do have one crit... technically those beasts should be quadroliths??

bullet1968 02-03-2011 05:12 AM

Nice work some guy...very weird LOL...and yes I am with TD...I am a violent person too...cricket bat though stwert

Chirone 02-03-2011 08:06 AM

reminds me of Linkin Park's video of Somewhere I Belong

Some Guy 03-03-2011 01:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
New update! It was called Land of the Moniliths because i plan to have some monolithic structures in the shot in the far distance, like giant slabs of rock and granite.

More edits, Changed the ridiculous flares that the creatures had and started making buckethead! Also made the camera angle much more dynamic to give it a bigger sence of scale.

Take note that the creatures will be in much more dynamic poses and i plan on maybe having one leaning right down to inspect the kid.

twisteddragon33 03-03-2011 04:07 AM

Great start so far. Probably looks better now than mine will look completed.... And i like the whole "story behind the image" thing you have going on.

bullet1968 03-03-2011 04:36 AM

Very strange mate!!! Pink Floyd kinda feel to it! Im sorry but they look just like Roo ticks to me...just bigger legs..LOL sorry mate. Looks good so far...dig the concept too

cheers bullet

Gen 03-03-2011 05:53 AM

Please tell me they're gentle giants :x