Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Technical Issues (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Scroll-Wheel on mouse? (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34944)

nick@koeppen.net 10-01-2011 05:40 AM

Scroll-Wheel on mouse?

Ok this question might seem trivial but here goes:

I am on a macbook pro and am using a Logitech mouse with a scroll-wheel that CAN act as a middle-mouse button. So far everything about it has worked except the 'button' part of it. When I hold the alt key down and try to drag (not zoom) it only works slightly. What I mean buy that is, it will occasionally work but only after several attempts. Also, the cross-hairs you get when dragging appear for a second only once I've lifted up on the scroll-wheel.

So.. I've tried going into system preferences on the mac and tweaking things and that didnt work. I WANT to try adjusting some features in the driver software but I dont know how to do that on mac... yet. I just got the thing for christmas and am currently making the transition from PC and what not.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!! Im doing the mech-warrior tutorial and am SO anxious, but not being able drag is frustrating me.

~Thanks in advance!

bullet1968 10-01-2011 09:55 AM

Dunno much about these things mate but driver issue? do the other buttons work without doing funky stuff? I know my bluetooth played up when I first got it..and if I have other bluetooth devices they play havoc with the mouse too??

cheer bullet

this should probably be in the tech question section too mate

nick@koeppen.net 11-01-2011 04:04 AM

Ahh sorry. Ill post this over there then. But to answer your question, all the other buttons work perfectly fine. Its just that measly middle scroll button.

Nilla 11-01-2011 05:21 AM

Hi there, no worries on where you post. I've just been a bit of a nazi lately on trying not to get all posts in the basics lounge so the forum works better when people search but they can always be moved around so not a huge deal:) Better not to double post though.

Hope someone knows the answer to the scroll wheel never used a mac so I don't know the answer, sounds annoying though.

nick@koeppen.net 11-01-2011 07:46 AM

Haha alright sorry about double posting too? lol. Yeah I was reluctant to switch over to the mac but.. not much of a choice. Either I model on my macbook pro, or no modeling at all because I dont feel like lugging over my PC desktop a couple states for college. Eh.

I'm still kinda looking around online and it seems that there are similar problems but havent really stumbled across any solutions. Should prolly just invest in a new mouse I guess. Thanks though!

Nilla 11-01-2011 08:21 AM

No worries I can just delete double posts as well:) That's what you get for using a mac, I see your point though. We're in the process of moving countries and we'll have to leave everything everything else behind in favor of hardware. Great life:)