Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   SimplyMaya Tutorials (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   I'm a beginner, which tutorial should i buy? (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21718)

Red-Lion 26-05-2006 01:09 AM

I'm a beginner, which tutorial should i buy?

Hi i'm totally new to Maya.

I tried the cartoon dog tutorial, it was really great and teached me alot, even if my model came out far from perfect :)

So which tutorial should I chose now? I want one who is basic step by step, but also includes more features. Like texturing maybe. I don't know since I'm totally new to this.

Preferably one who is atleast as easy as cartoon dog, but a model you work more on.

Great site, great tutorials :bow: :bow: :bow:

Red-Lion 26-05-2006 02:34 AM

Ok, so i bought the yeti one. :attn:

Though I'm kinda suprised the download speed is under 100 kB/Sec. Thought you should get better speed when buying tutorials :headbang: Anyway it's not a big problem, because when i got down part 1 i just start download part 2.

I bought many points so I can afford more movies if you still have someone to recommend.

Btw, when I saw the cartoon dog divx, I thought the quality was kinda bad, and it was "laggy". You didn't see how the "Tutorial dude" moved his mouse and what buttons he clicked, even if he was very good to explain. If I order them burned on DVD, will the quality and frames per second go up?

50% downloading.. :zzz:

Love your smilies :lmao:

- Red-Lion

bobalie 26-05-2006 03:27 PM

Its cool that you bought a tutorial.
I also love the smileys ;) (what do you type for the laughing one down at the bottom, and the red face hitting brick wall one?)

What is the Yeti tutorial like? I am wondering what tutorial to buy , I have not bought one yet.

Red-Lion 26-05-2006 09:41 PM

The guy who bangs his head into the wall: :headbang:
The laughing one one: :lmao:

There is a better way to find them. When you write a reply or start a new topic, you see on the left side, a menu with smilies. Just click them and they get added to your text. Click "get more" to find aditional smilies :)

The yeti one... Hmm,
First off, the quality is better than the cartoon dog. It basically shows how to create your own 3d model from start to beginning.

I haven't seen all, but I will watch through it 1 time before going through it a second time and make my yeti. So far I have only "nurbed" my dude. But I have seen to the texturing part, and well, it looks sweet :)

I'm not gonna follow the tutorial like a slave, gonna add m own twist, specially on the head. And also make him more muscular/stronger.

mmoore5553 28-05-2006 02:04 PM

when you do start the yeti ..would love to see progress ..just start a thread and post progess in the WIP section ....I am too thinking of this dvd

bobalie 28-05-2006 09:58 PM

good luck with your stuff
and thanks, :headbang: :lmao: