Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Environment (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34743)

Camrat 09-12-2010 10:38 PM

Environment

1 Attachment(s)
Heres my final render for my assignment at uni, I know it could of been tweaked to death but I ran out of time for it lol hope you like it :)

Camrat

honestdom 10-12-2010 11:08 AM

pretty cool man, but it looks like the textures are a little washed out. did you gamma correct them?

tweetytunes 10-12-2010 11:24 AM

Quite cool - a couple of scale issues as well washing out of textures

the top of your lamp-posts looks almost as big as the phonebox (going by the closest one to it) then the traffic cones look too small

But for the poly counts - nice models

Camrat 10-12-2010 03:20 PM

Yeah I know its washed out I simply ran out of time for the assignment :( and yeah i see the scaling issue now and tbh I completely missed that I was trying my best with the scaling as well lol, its my first environment ive done so im pleased :) the reason for washing as well is the lighting it to bright

tweetytunes 10-12-2010 04:40 PM

I always use a cube - the size of a man to compare the other objects too - something I picked up in uni and still use now

Rhetoric Camel 10-12-2010 04:49 PM

Aside from what everyone else has already pointed out, it looks pretty cool. Good job on your first environment.

Sircharles 14-12-2010 10:23 AM

hi - what lighting did you use to light the seen?

Graham

bullet1968 14-12-2010 10:56 AM

despite the flaws that have been pointed out mate...well done!! it will also add to your training...keep on it mate.

Cheers bullet

honestdom 14-12-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sircharles (Post 311425)
hi - what lighting did you use to light the seen?

Graham

looks like physical sun and sky to me.

Camrat 14-12-2010 12:15 PM

Sorry for late reply :) and yeah it was Hone, it was easiest for me to start with and get a decent render, i tried changing settings but to no end :(

Ataraxy 22-01-2011 02:20 AM

great job! did this come from imagination or did you use reference? Background, is that part of the scene <modeled as well> background image?

I really like your texturing job, but as previously said before. They are washed out and some are too light.

Speaking of light. I think the shadows and lighting are very ideal for the scene and because it also matches your background image shadows.

Agreed with the others. Light Posts are exaggerated quit a bit in size compared to the tele booth.

But nice job on the bump mapping of the building.

Did you make these textures or cheat? ;) by downloading them elsewhere and using them?

I enjoy the scene it could be better, but hey we are always learning right?

keep it up and keep this scene for later use.

Gen 22-01-2011 03:17 AM

The scene looks pretty nice. As Tweety mentioned there are some scale issues. And if you did use the physical sky setup then you will run into gamma woes. The lighting isn't too bright, your textures/colors just got struck by the gamma bandit.

Camrat 22-01-2011 10:06 AM

Thanks or the comments Ataraxy, GecT, Yeah im aware of the lighting and scaling issues never got round to changing them, this was a project for uni, (texturing project) so my main focus was to get the texturing done (my first textured scene ive ever done lol) The castle is just a picture i didn't have time to model it and texture it and the light direction was meant to follow the picture or it would look daft having to different shadow directions hehe, some textures was hand made some was from internet. its meant for a game aswell so lighting would usually be done within and engine instead of mental ray but still rusty on the engine so could get a final image from udk lol this will probs explain the low poly , we only had a budget of 6000 tris for unique objects within the scene, so the duplicates don't count hehe. again thanks for the comments im really pleased you said my texturing was good as it was a texturing project hehe, also its from my head i got a few reference images to look at for different buildings but its all eyeballing and im guessing thats why my scaling is off lol

Camrat

macay 04-02-2011 10:09 AM

great!

Very good!

The lighting is great! Actually i´m trying to master lighting properties of maya, but i´m far from this kind of work. The only thing i find in your image is a big contrast between the foreground and the background image. But it´s great man!:)

Dushyant 18-04-2011 07:19 AM

If you add some dirt maps on Road and at the end of the walls it will look more real.some more depth n lil bit less illumination..