Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   USA - Denmark in Icehockey ! (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5439)

caligraphics 26-04-2003 02:29 PM

USA - Denmark in Icehockey !

holy shit .. we won 5 - 2 ... who would have thought of that !!! :banana:

kbrown 26-04-2003 08:40 PM

Nice going. Although USA has never been able to get their best players on ice because of NHL but still it's nice to see new teams doing kind of a surprise win :)

My best to the danish team, you really have some hidden talent there... Although my (biased) heart is with the Finnish team and I hope Aravirta can finally reach the brightest medal on his last season as the head coach :)

caligraphics 28-04-2003 10:18 AM

I hope Finland win .. Denmark can't win, so I hope the best for Finland. I really like Koivu (spelling) - that guy can really do some skating !

And besides, Denmark got what we came for, to get to the next round and stay in the A group for next year too ( Thanks to switzerland ).. so thats great. I bet the Danish guys will learn a lot the comming seasons !

The loss to Russia 6 - 1 didn't really matter. We played 2 good periods, and had 7 mins of no concentration (Russia scored 5 goals) and was teached a lesson. But 2 good periods where we showed that the Danes can follow the big guys - very good learning and very well done by the Danes.

Only one thing left to say : We will definately get better !

kbrown 28-04-2003 11:37 AM

Went to see SWE-BLR game yesterday. Man it was boring. It was like SWE was :banghead: after BLR made the 1-1 goal. Then they (swe) finally won it 2-1... Attitude problem to my eyes...

Gonna go and see FIN-CZE on wednesday if I can get tickets. That will be a fun match to watch...

abra 28-04-2003 11:41 AM

27.04. 14:00 USA Switzerland 0:1 (0:1,0:0,0:0)

jeeeeeeheee.....

wow... the first time since 1955!! or 51? hmm... doesn't realy matter... but we've beaten the usa.... :banana: :banana: :banana:
:beer:

abra 28-04-2003 11:44 AM

oh, yes, and
29.04. 14:00 Danmark Switzerland...

grr... lets fight...

abra 30-04-2003 05:52 AM

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

2-6! sorry, i had to say this!

oh, and i think the usa have 0 points....

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

kbrown 30-04-2003 06:31 AM

Went to see the USA-RUS game (it was in my home town :)). Good ice-hockey from both teams! Too bad that USA didn't start playing until now. They even ruled the game from time to time but still they lost :( Anyway, good game :beer:

caligraphics 01-05-2003 01:39 PM

I am looking foirward to see Denmark getting squissed and squassed by Sweden and Canada.. gonna be fun !!

kbrown 02-05-2003 07:31 AM

Boohoo... We just made our way to the top a lot more difficult by loosing to CZE (1-2) :( Gotta fight the current champion SVK today...

caligraphics 05-05-2003 09:47 AM

holy damn sh..!!! we played 2 - 2 against Canada, and then we get humilated 7-1 against sweden .. /sigh ..

oh well .. cant really blame Denmark, its the first time they play at that level, and 2 games in 2 days at high speed level is too much for the red lions from Denmark. We learned alot, and hopefully we will do alot better next time :)

lets see how it goes against Latvia ..