Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Adobe Premiere Problem (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16945)

Tim_LIVID 06-06-2005 06:14 PM

Adobe Premiere Problem

1 Attachment(s)
Ok ok I know it's not Maya and this probably isn't the best place to be asking but im fresh out of ideas to be honest.

Im trying to make my showreel in Premiere but this problem is making it look completely naff.

The resolution of the project is 720 x 576 and so it the frames of the guy in red. The streaky background that I put in afterwards is 480 x 252 so I just scaled that to make it fit.

As you can see the image on the side 1 is how I want it but side 2 is how it's actually comming out.

So (as you can imagine) when it comes out it looks like his arms have been cut off. Not only that but it does look like it's not wide enought.

Does anyone here know Premiere well and could posibly help me out?

Cheers for your time.

BMS 06-06-2005 07:54 PM

Are your Tif stills 720 x 576 ?

Tim_LIVID 06-06-2005 08:20 PM

Yes they are, so i don't know what else it can be

BMS 06-06-2005 08:29 PM

There has to be something really simple wrong, because I do this all the time and it works OK. Admittedly I make sure all the clips are the right size to begin with.

Remove the background and see if the Tif stills resize again, I'm assuming they wont. This will at least tell if you if the problem is with the Tif files or the background. If it doesn't resize then put the 480 x 252 background in a new sequence and resize it, then place that sequence in the place you would normally have put the 480 x 252 background in.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers
Paul

Alan 06-06-2005 08:49 PM

see those two white boxes . The inner one is safe title and the outer one is safe action. those are the limits as to where you can put stuff. Anything outside of that wont be seen. try it on a TV and you'll see what I mean.

:ninja:
Alan

BMS 06-06-2005 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Pure_Morning
see those two white boxes . The inner one is safe title and the outer one is safe action
Yes but if he is planning on using it as a showreel (I assume he means for the web), then it will show up.

BMS 06-06-2005 09:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I made up a project similar to yours. I used a 720 x 576 pal Tif image and then a 480 x 252 background.

I resized the smaller clip to make it fill the monitor on the right. The following was the result.

Tim_LIVID 07-06-2005 07:41 AM

See it seams to work for you, I sort of know about safe margins and all that but the background goes past the safe margins and that still get's displayed when I make the movie and play it in windoes media player.

I think im going to start another project and import the fotage again and see if that solves it, i'll keep you posted.

BMS 07-06-2005 09:49 AM

The footage is definitely 720 x 576 and the project is set to Pal is that correct?

Tim_LIVID 07-06-2005 09:58 AM

I decided to re-start the project with the default settings rather than putting in my own custome settings and the problems seams to be ok now. Now all I need to do is think about codecs and all that lot.

So I guess the moral of the story is not to muck around when your not 100% sure what your doing ... or at least do a test before you get too far into it.

Cheers for you help. Back to work then. :headbang: