Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   March Challenge - )v( - Normal (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4269)

M 01-03-2003 05:16 PM

March Challenge - )v( - Normal

Alright, im not entirely sure what i am going to model for this month, but it is probably going to be something like a futuristic tank, or.... well actually its most likely going to be just a hardcore killing robot! Not a geeky robot though, a really really cool one :D. This will be a full monthy project, so we shall see what happens... I cant win anyways though, so its just for fun. I will try to get some sketches by later tonight (its 9 am here).

M 01-03-2003 08:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, I am working on the drawing right now and i thought i would post this. I am thinking of different things to do for the arms and legs, but im a bit puzzled :(. Well, it will come with time C+C welcome :).

Kurt 01-03-2003 08:53 PM

Good start mate . reminds me of gyver

undseth 01-03-2003 08:55 PM

Looks like its going to have a "scale" hide look to it. See you around M!

M 01-03-2003 09:07 PM

Im thinking of a cool "unknown" metal for the top of his head (the spikey part), and for the chest part... and then certain other parts on his body will have the same shader. The gems in his forehead and in chest, will have some cool look to them i think :). Just trying to think of a good design for the end, I am thinking, superiorly long arms, (freakishly long).. so that they almost touch the ground, and normal legs. Then arms wont be thick, but the hands will be big. What do you think? Would it suit this model? Thanks.

Garry1953 01-03-2003 09:29 PM

Looks like this is going to be a good comp.

M 02-03-2003 10:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Alright, finally i have found a design i like :D. Now this is the final drawing and i will get started on the model shortly. I will be working on this and the goku model hopefully. This may not be done by the end of the month, but i am going to try. The legs of course as i can tell now are a bit too short, i will model him off the refrence at that height.. and then after i will tweak him to the proper height that i like. As for his right leg (from your view, the left leg), it is pretty weird on the drawing because he wont be able to turn it that much.. it is just for a side view, to show the depth of it and whatnot. Theres going to be big holes in the bottom of his feet with jets in them most likely :D. The hands will be really cool once they are done, i dont know yet so i will draw them later.

M 03-03-2003 12:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, this is the last drawing im posting... i wasnt thinking before but what i did was stretched the image up, and i got the result i wanted. This is going to be my refrence.. its close to the general shape of the human body.. which is what i want :). But his legs will be a bit thicker... or the bottom part will be squished a bit, it will be just a tweaking process :).

brian_ellebracht 04-03-2003 05:22 AM

I love the design with big feet! Hope you stick to it. Can't wait to see an update!
Brian

Hidalgo 04-03-2003 05:45 AM

I like this design...It does have a partway crustacean look to it.

Keep it up!

M 05-03-2003 01:42 AM

Hey, thanks hidalgo.. do you mean like a underwater guy? Because that was kinda the look i wanted to go for.. you will see when its done though :). Ok, other than that, I have a big problem.. seeing that i can add a GI_Joe mel script to all of my models... except this one. Does anyone know why? when i open the script editor it says, Error: No object matches name: //

BUT, on all my other models and projects, it works fine :(. Does anyone know what my problem is? Thanks :).

M 05-03-2003 02:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
*Sigh*... It was something totally messed up with the file.. so I exported the selection i needed into a new file and that worked fine :). Anyways, this isnt much.. but im not a fast modeller :). I will be tweaking this a lot and putting in more detail... should take me the whole month, if not longer :D. Ok, cya.

M 06-03-2003 01:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Alright, i have been tweaking the crown a bit and trying to get a better overall look to it :D. Its hard for me to get too much done per day, due to other factors. Hopefully over the weekend i should have ALOT more modelled :D. Ok, cya.

Kevin 06-03-2003 01:47 AM

looks like the drawing so good going mr M

M 07-03-2003 01:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, i have added a head to the back of that crown, and then made a kinda mask that attatches to the back of the head, and wraps around the mouth. Tell me what you think, or any tips :). Thanks.

BTW, brian... your going DOWN!!.. lol. hehehe.