Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   A 2D WIP (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31103)

THX1138 14-10-2008 09:18 AM

A 2D WIP

For anyone interested, I will be posting progress pics from a 2D project here that I have just started. Will be doing a portrait of Jessica Simpson. I have just started the line art and will post WIP's soon.

Here is the reference.

Some Guy 14-10-2008 04:18 PM

Looking foward to seeing how this turns out.

gster123 14-10-2008 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Some Guy
Looking foward to seeing how this turns out.

Quoted for total agreement

RockyMills_01 14-10-2008 08:40 PM

Nice photo, not too easy and not too hard. The lighting is nice for good shading
I just may have a crack at it too:p (haven't done still life in a while)

Good Luck to you THX1138

Gen 14-10-2008 11:58 PM

I'll be watching this one.

Jay 15-10-2008 01:22 AM

If her hair was black she'd look like my ex girlfriend!!

Look forward to progress THX

Jay

THX1138 15-10-2008 02:34 AM

Cheers everyone! :beer:

Jay: You had a EX girlfriend that looked like Jessica Simpson!? What happened?

Anyway, I will be working at a rez somewhere in the 2000 X 4000 range, so posting wips at that size will be a problem. Instead, I will be posting the sections that I work on. That will enable me to attach directly from here to show the detail at actual size.

RockyMills_01: Go for it! I would like to see some other works from the members here also. The only part thats going to be difficult is the hair. Going to try to be as accurate as I can.

Hope to have a first WIP to show later tonight or tomorrow.

Chirone 15-10-2008 02:34 AM

maybe she is, Jay, but with her hair coloured different :p

*watches*
lucky you dont have all of us staring at you :p

Jay 15-10-2008 02:42 AM

THX

yeah she was spanish mate, long black hair, lovely. It was quite a while ago now, we grew apart if anything, no arguing or stuff, she lived there and I was travelling to and fro, working saving and travelling, it soon took its toll mate, unless theres a severe commitment from both sides its not gonna work...I did a lot of running about LOL I was smitten at the time (mug) Anyway great gal, Im sure shes happily married and keeping well with a ton of kids now!

and so am I....well one anyway

Im looking forward to this now though, I was reading a mag about Jessica Simpson in the toilet the other day...JUST READING THOUGH!!;) LOL a man can go blind looking at such things

Jay

THX1138 15-10-2008 06:50 AM

LOL and Cheers Jay! :beer: You have a very interesting life. Ever wonder what it would be like if you and your EX were still together today?

Anyway, just wanted to post part of my line art. It's more of an anatomy template than anything else. I will be doing the primary work over this on another layer. The lines and stuff are just guides. It helps me keep in check with the anatomy since I'm doing the line art in Photoshop and not on paper. I will be posting the actual sketch work after the line art is complete.

My method on paper is slightly different. I don't have as much freedom as I do with photoshop so anatomy checks are a little more difficult as the guide lines are alot lighter. Any major mistakes and I have to start over. Both method's have trade off's though.

I cant say when this will be complete. I might be finished in a week if all goes well, but usually it takes me a couple of weeks or so, so please be patient.

THX1138 16-10-2008 04:15 AM

Ok, here is the first official WIP. Let me know what you think.:beer:

And please don't tell me it looks like Britney Spears Shaved.

THX1138 17-10-2008 11:28 PM

Almost finished with the face. Still have a little more detail to add. I'm saving the hair for last since thats going to take alot longer.

let me know what you think. :beer:

THX1138 17-10-2008 11:58 PM

This is all that I have of the body so far. Still pretty rough right now. Been working on the face for a while.

gster123 18-10-2008 10:53 AM

Looks great!

THX1138 18-10-2008 03:23 PM

Cheers gster123! :beer: Will have more progress up later today.