Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Technical Issues (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Widescreen Problems (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33615)

craiggilchrist 17-01-2010 12:30 PM

Widescreen Problems

Hi guys, I know this has probably been asked before and I hate to be a bother but I've spent a while (good couple of hours) trying to figure this out and its probably a really simple solution.

I have a 22" widescreen monitor. Recently got Maya 2010 (was using blender...I swear its like waking up in Oz) and its awesome. However, I can't get properly into modelling as yet because the screen is stretched horizantally so vertically its smooshed. Anyone that knows how to fix the aspect ratio I shall build a shrine in their name.

Thank you very very much everyone that replies.

Jay 17-01-2010 02:25 PM

dude you need to check the settings for your Graphic Card.

What are you using?

Jay

craiggilchrist 17-01-2010 02:35 PM

thanks for the speedy reply

Hi there, thanks for the speedy reply. I'm using an NVIDIA GeForce 7025. Drivers are up to date. I really don't understand the problem although I had the same issue with Blender.
Thanks.

honestdom 17-01-2010 02:39 PM

do you use 2 monitors? i had a problem similar to this. I rebooted and then disconnected my 2nd monitor before it started again. once it had started i plugged my monitor back in and it was fine. kinda odd but hey ho.

craiggilchrist 17-01-2010 02:52 PM

Hmmm

That's quite bizarre. Nah, single monitor. Isn't there a way to change aspect ratio or width of the viewport? It's quite frustrating lol

Jay 17-01-2010 02:58 PM

I use a real cheap as chips card by NVIDIA a 7300GT to be exact. And Im using a dell 22inch wide monitor. Check the NVIDIA display settings, and go to the flat panel setting. You may just have missed a setting. my rez is fine no stretching or anything. I did have to load a driver specific to the monitor when I got it so the aspect ratio was correct for the wide screen, you may missed a driver for the monitor (not the card) too so check that too.

Jay

G-Man 17-01-2010 05:13 PM

seriously all these problems with wide screen monitors?...
Suppose i'm lucky getting away with using my 32 inch tv then eh?.

Wonder if i have these problems to look forward two when i upgrade to two hd tv's.

Curiously, would you consider this type of problem to be Card / chipset specific? or a Monitor problem?.. or luck of the draw

G-man

Jay 17-01-2010 06:48 PM

I dont think its a problem as such....Monitors as well as graphic cards come with drivers, tvs are a little different. if the Pc is an older one it probably just has the standard 4:3 ratio monitor driver installed, so if its an upgraded monitor to a 16:9 then the driver for the actual monitor will need to be installed to the pc. Its pretty standard just like buying a new printer, card etc, you need the drivers or it doesnt work properly. Hopefully its just a monitor Driver and this dude can get on.

I had the same thing when I got mine...just needed a bit of 'driver love....'

J