Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   WOO! made a new website! (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3844)

dbirider 09-02-2003 04:12 AM

WOO! made a new website!

Yeah.. So, im not really all that into *open and close quotes with two fingers* "web design" or "flashy effects" or complicated hard to navigate through "flash" websites :p.. so i decided to make my site be at a bare minum. Mabey eventually i will put a little navigation menue in it to seperate the videos from the pictures and stuff.. but i think thats the furthest ill go with it.

So there ya go! this site will be in my signature from now on.

Oh and also.. Can somebody answer my bandwith question?? It really confuses me.

M 09-02-2003 07:08 AM

Heh, nice site.. nice and simple :). i do not care for baby blue backgrounds though ;). Heheh. But.. as for the thing about bandwidth.. well the world revolves around money, and bandwidth may not be a big thing.. but for the ISP's, they make a lot of money off of it :). I have to pay 80 dollars a month for my server plan :P. Its worth it though, for what i want.. but bandwidth..does suck. I agree, but yea.. once again.nice, basic, site

tariqrf 09-02-2003 08:53 AM

extremely simple and straight forward... might want to use tables to align them up.. if you can... but still nice :)

undseth 09-02-2003 09:01 AM

I dont like the heading... where is it? :D

dbirider 10-02-2003 01:15 AM

decided to add an opening page! and the nexed thing im going to do is add a navigation thingy att the top of the page. and hopefully over time, ill add some cool stories, pictures, videos, ect to the page!

If you havent noticed allready... im trying to give this my site more of a laid back, humerous theme. I feel to many people just take everything they do, and everything other people do to seriously. If people would just start smiling more, and start sue-ing less... then the world would be a much better place :p

Alan 10-02-2003 01:29 AM

the big yellow smiley face is a bit hmmm... how can i put this..... shocking... that'll do

:)

dbirider 10-02-2003 01:45 AM

haha lol.. thats the point. sometimes it hipnoteses me a little and just stare at it and watch it wink at me:o Sorry "M" i really like the baby blue backround for some reason. i guess you cant please everybody!

Kevin 10-02-2003 01:55 AM

big yellow smiling faces!!! ya just gotta love em! makes me feel good!

dbirider 10-02-2003 03:53 AM

i keep on getting an error message on the lower left hand corner of the openning page.. and that worries me a little bit. can somebody help me figure out what is wrong with it by using the right click view source technique thing? most of it is just coppy and pasted script from html learning websites.. and just adjusted around a little bit to suit my style:D.. so i really have no idea what im doing. if anybody can help me, then i will reply with a "thank's! (name/ names)" and then you get the sattisfaction of helping out another person!

Long live smiley faces :yipee:

ragecgi 10-02-2003 05:24 AM

Validation tests....

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I ran one of many code validation tests and here are the results for the basic html 4 validation test:

Good luck!

Alan 10-02-2003 04:31 PM

lol have fun fixing those! This is why i dont do web development any more! So many compatibilty issues to raise and fix! lol :)

Alan

ragecgi 10-02-2003 07:24 PM

I do it for a living, among other things, and yeah, it's a MAJOR pain in the arse... :)

dbirider 10-02-2003 08:16 PM

OMG! i didnt realize there were that many errors! haha.. mabey i will just be lazy and er... not fix them :)

Thanks for the help ragecgi! If it werent for you posting that report type thing, then i propably would have been fiddleing with my site for hours trying to figure out what is wrong.

i just have one last question for you.. i was trying to use this script

<html>
<head>
<script>
preloadimages("bigsmile.JPG","bigsmile1.JPG")
</script>
</head>

(i put the tags inside the head parts.. cause thats what it said to do) and im just wondering.. since the report you showd me showed that there was an error in the pre loading process... if that means that it doesnt do any thing?
thanks!

Nem 11-02-2003 12:25 AM

that first video is sweet btw :) i love the first grind on the sprocket wheel thingy, mmmmm :)

3djoe 11-02-2003 12:32 AM

ragecgi

What program did you use to get that print out?
Looks cool. I could use that.:)