Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Where's The "Wavefront" in Alias/Wavefront??? :/ (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6973)

Russell 17-07-2003 09:18 PM

Where's The "Wavefront" in Alias/Wavefront??? :/

Is Alias/Wavefront no more or is there no more Wavefront? Just been to their site and it's whack! :/ Dunno about you folks but I loved their other website layout. Much easier
to navigate. Guess I gotta go pop a cap or bust some skulls now, huh... ;) :2gunfire: :mingun: Oh well... now I can't even find Mental Ray for 4.5 now... and I need it too... :(

Russell

slickrenderer 17-07-2003 09:29 PM

I know what you mean but the new one is more cleaner and easier to navigate.

mushroomgod 17-07-2003 10:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
the new site design seems quite cool...

new logos a bit week though:(

Ultragames 17-07-2003 10:37 PM

WOW, Havnt seen you on SM in a while Mushroom god. Never hear back from you when i PM either.

The Alias site is much better! Alot cleaner. I like the logo, but they have a crapy res on the small one with black bg.

slickrenderer 17-07-2003 10:41 PM

Yes the logo is week. Might grow on me though. Using swoosh on logo is so yesterday.

mushroomgod 17-07-2003 11:15 PM

Quote:

WOW, Havnt seen you on SM in a while Mushroom god. Never hear back from you when i PM either.
yep, been away but now im back :D

I havent got any pm from you, are you sure you dident send me an email....either way sorry about not replying, i normaly reply to everyone who emails/PMs me....maybe i didnt get it:confused:

ragecgi 17-07-2003 11:35 PM

Man, the design is ok, but when they tout that the guy who designed the "globe and swoosh", as Alias calls it, as an "Apple Master", it made my assumptions, and first-impressions realized....

My first impression was that I thought that someone with a major apple-fixation designed it, cause it smells of the typical Apple layout....
...but that's just fine.... so nevermind:) Mute point anywayz...

Also, it is weird that A|W is calling it a "name-change", when they were alias to begin with. ??

They should be saying.. "going back to our roots before our merge with Wavefront, so now we are Alias.... again..."

adldesigner 18-07-2003 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ragecgi
... My first impression was that I thought that someone with a major apple-fixation designed it, cause it smells of the typical Apple layout ...
I agree. I believe it´s not as powerfull as the other one, but this almost always happens with a mayor redesign of an already successfull design.

People will start to like it anyway. I just hope this is not the first step towards an Apple - lization of Maya. <-- Disregard this last statement, shameless flamebait. Bad adl! bad adl! :cool:

Vampus 18-07-2003 04:54 PM

I'm getting dead links :( Is it just me?

[EDIT]
Where? .. Here or there?
-Please edit your message-
[/EDIT]