Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   X-Wing (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11576)

wicket 26-04-2004 05:40 AM

X-Wing

I have finally had time to get started on some 3D!!! I am modeling a X-Wing fighter. I had started it a while back but never got very far and figured I'd finish what I had started! I've got quite abit more done to it since I started. I hope to have more time to do 3D, but since I'm getting ready to start school at the Art Institute of Phoenix my time has been short... So I'll try my hardest to update as often as possible! PEACE!

This is a shot of what I had before:

wicket 26-04-2004 05:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And here's what I've done since:

vedic kings 26-04-2004 05:46 AM

hey, I think its look good:)

keep it coming and good luck with school!

lonepig 26-04-2004 06:37 AM

Great start Wicket keep it coming. Are we going to see and apperarnce of R2D2?

wicket 26-04-2004 11:12 AM

IT wouldn't be right if R2-D2 wasn't in it! LOL! :D

I-Iybrid 26-04-2004 12:44 PM

The return of Wicket! Nice to see you agian man. Good start so far, but not enough to crit on right now. I started a Y-Wing AWHILE back, but my harddrive fried, so I lost it. :( Agian, good start. :)

Jay 26-04-2004 02:34 PM

Great Stuff!! Just love the X Wing!! But the Falcon.....now that is cool!!

Jango

Pony 26-04-2004 08:50 PM

Yeah Wicket. Happy to see the day you hount use again ! LOL. Grovey baby, yeah. Could get my sand crawler with this ! Thin we would just need some bad guys..

RickStefani 26-04-2004 09:33 PM

Lets see you get this thing going again. You go to AIPX. SO do I. I am in my second quarter. Believe me I know what you mean about time. I spend a lot of time working or doing homework.

wicket 27-04-2004 01:21 AM

I-Iybrid, Pony! WHAT'S UP?!?! It's Good to be back, I've missed 3D and SM! I should get some updates happening tonight! I-Iybrid we'll definately have to make a pic with our models together, would be wicked sweet! lol Pony, how's your girl doing? Still modeling here @ SM? Anyways, I'll update tonight! L8

p.s.
RickStefani, what program you doing @ AIPX? I'm doing Visual Effects and Motion Graphics! PEACE out!

RickStefani 27-04-2004 04:35 PM

I am doing Media Art and Animation. Funny things is I am leaning toward Visual effects also. I really want to work more with the sci-fi and the compositing side of things.

wicket 28-04-2004 12:08 PM

Right on! I originally was looking at Media Art and Animation but then they started this degree which gives me that and more! I am just waiting to get registered for my first Quarter at this point, I start in July. I hope my transcripts from NAU will transfer and take a few classes off! We'll definately have to keep in touch man! L8

wicket 28-04-2004 12:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's an update on my X-Wing mates!

RickStefani I am looking into doing film and Animation with my degree, I really like composit work, I wish I was better at it! PEACE

RickStefani 29-04-2004 11:52 PM

Your transcripts wiil come in I am sure. Take a list of required cllasses and your classes and see if you come up with the same thing they do. Remember, they are a business and will try to short you. I had like seven more classes transfer. That saves a lot of money. I did however retake a couple classes where I would like to improve.

Keap going on the Xwing. It is shaping up. We will keap in touch.

I-Iybrid 30-04-2004 02:00 AM

Looking good so far. I like it. Wicket man, can you try to keep the WIP images down to 640x480? (Theres a sticky on it). If not, Im gonna have to delete your images, to save space and all that good stuff. Thnx :)