Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Bathroom Complete (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12789)

vedic kings 28-07-2004 07:58 PM

Bathroom Complete

1 Attachment(s)
Well here another finish pice.
C&C are welcome :)

ransick 29-07-2004 05:01 PM

hey vedic
you are really fantastic in your work! how did you learn all this? how long are you in 3d ?

vedic kings 29-07-2004 08:05 PM

ransick, Thanks for your kind reply.

You ask, how I do all this? Well I think first of all is having an attitude that you can do anything. And 2nd model everything in your house, even if you think you can't do it. The first thing I modeled is my monitor and then keyboard and so on. And 3rd is doing lots of reading, I bought lots of maya books, and they help alot in getting started in maya. And also working in maya as much as you can, because that about the only way you can really learn.

You ask, how long I have been doing 3d? Well my first 3d program was maya 4.5, and I bought it about 2 years ago. Now i'm working with maya 6.

I think not giving up is the key:)

RubberChicken 30-07-2004 09:22 PM

That looks more real than my bathroom! My bathroom is so low poly :D :D :D

vedic kings 30-07-2004 10:05 PM

Thanks RubberChicken:)

Hey if you don't mind, could I see your bathroom?

Anhslaught 02-08-2004 10:07 AM

"looks more real than my bathroom" hilarious comment. lol

anyway, seriously that looks awesome. Something you would see in Resident Evil. It looks pretty eery. Oh and that truck in the woods one was awesome too. I was like WOH!!! YOU need to make a tutorial also. :)

MainlineX 02-08-2004 05:13 PM

Good job vk!!! :)

RubberChicken 02-08-2004 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by vedic kings
Thanks RubberChicken:)

Hey if you don't mind, could I see your bathroom?

Well im so ashamed of my bathroom that I rather not post a pic. I walk in there in the morning to have a shower and everything is so low poly, the water droplets from the shower are little cubes and the toilet seat is square... sigh :(

DrRobotnik 02-08-2004 08:58 PM

Good job dude! I remember your old WIP on this.

vedic kings 03-08-2004 08:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey thanks guys:)

Anhslaught,

You think I should make a tutorial? Well i've never done a tutorial before, so i'm not sure how I would go about doing so. If theres enought of you guys that would like one, let me know, and i'll do my best in doing one:)

RubberChicken

That ok, you know I smooth most of my object in the bathroom, so that is the higher poly you are seen:) All the objects in most of my scenes start out as a box:)

Here a little different angle, with a little diferent lighting, as if it night time:

RubberChicken 03-08-2004 09:40 PM

Hehe I think you misunderstood me vedic I was talking about my "real" bathroom :D

ransick 04-08-2004 07:18 AM

yes! we deff want a tut by vedic kings!! how doesn't is the question....

slatamilian 05-08-2004 03:22 PM

That is a good looking bathroom. I have been learning Maya for about 6 months now. I bought some videos to help me learn faster I have a hard time learning just from books. Anyway, one of the modeling tutorials was a bathroom and I was wondering if you had seen any tutorials. More so, I was curious what method you used to design the shower curtain. They had a really good method in this video.They used one vertical line. Then they made copies of the line like every 5 or ten frames as it slides around the curtain rod, using a motion path to direct it. Then they lofted them all together to make the curtain. Some thing like that anyways. Keep showing work it is really inspiring. Thanks!

Anhslaught 06-08-2004 12:48 AM

I would definately like to see a tutorial on how you did your texturing and all your curtains. hell i would like a whole scene tutorials from start to finish. :D

I definately love the house in the woods, how you got the whole scene done. Be nice to see a tutorial on how the whole a scene is done. Are those tiles bump mapped or actually modeled? stuff like that. :)

Billy_Cat 06-08-2004 08:34 AM

wow, great bathrooom, the only problem I have is the lighting..I think in the day time picture it would look cooler if you just used the light from the window, and had it raytraced to slightly light the rest of the room..

but anyway, its good no matter what, good job...