Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Spiderman (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12008)

Kevin 28-05-2004 12:00 AM

Spiderman

This morning I woke with pain in my ear, was thinking it may be from the swiming pools in the states or whatever

Then as the day went by I could feel a kinda scratching and very sore felling in my ear - so went to docs and yep..he pulled out a great big dirty spider!

I almost had a fit .. how the hell it fit in was behond me, good job it wasnt one of those florida recluse spiders lol

Anyways it was nasty ...

just decided I would share that with you guys :)

Kurt 28-05-2004 12:36 AM

Dang dude im like totally grossed out...... Hope the little bastard didnt lay any eggs...

David 28-05-2004 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kurt
Dang dude im like totally grossed out...... Hope the little bastard didnt lay any eggs...
ewww NASTY!!

It's a thought though!

David :)

mtmckinley 28-05-2004 03:44 AM

*full body shiver*

Eeeuuyyyaaaggh! <--- my reaction if it had been me!

That's crazy gross!

MainlineX 28-05-2004 04:36 AM

Yeah I agree with MtMckinley, I would of screamed my head off!!!! :eek:

Alan 28-05-2004 08:56 AM

dude, that sounds like one of those urban myths that you get forwarded in emails!!!! :)

nasty

Alan

NitroLiq 28-05-2004 12:55 PM

Real lucky it wasn't a brown recluse....what their venom can do is just terrifying to the nth degree.

dragonfx 28-05-2004 12:56 PM

!
... u o.k. i guess?

Kevin 28-05-2004 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NitroLiq
Real lucky it wasn't a brown recluse....what their venom can do is just terrifying to the nth degree.
yep especially as I was poking him down further with me finger!

roach105 28-05-2004 02:12 PM

Isnt there some stats that people swallow 7-8 insects while sleeping. A year!

Kevin 28-05-2004 02:25 PM

yes thats true roach :(

NightPhantom 28-05-2004 05:02 PM

Great, there goes my lunch, thanks alot...

(also, was it still alive?)

roach105 28-05-2004 05:27 PM

....and now this thread has inlightned to change my avatar!

painterdan 28-05-2004 05:28 PM

That sucks man :(

I remember 2 stories my Genetics teacher told the class that were true:

1)She woke up in the middle of the night and heard this buzzing...a crazy loud buzzing...was driving her crazy...so she went to the doctor...and the doctor said there was a moth(small one...not the giant ones lol) in her ear...so they held a light up to her ear to draw the moth out...but it just burrowed further in her ear...they tried using forceps to get it out...but it just pulled off a wing and it's legs...so he had to use a scapel-like knife(smaller) and cut it up to get it out...

2) Her college class went on a trip through Africa...and her friend ended up with a pretty bad bug bite on her back. The doctor just gave her some ointment...but they noticed that like 2 weeks later it was a massive bump on her back. They went back to the hospital...and while the doctor was poking at the bump....it starting moving around her back...so he cut it open and tons of bugs poured out of the bump...was a type of beetle that lays eggs in live prey so they have a place to feed.

Gross thing is the teacher showed us the pics of the 2nd one...was so nasty...

*ugh*

dragonfx 28-05-2004 08:15 PM

i actually have seen a video of a pal removing number two with a small nail from his own flesh... between the fingers of one toe... far from medic assistance he noticed that something was moving so he stalked the damn wormy thingie until it kinda showed its "head" end and then pinned it out while his gf filmed it.... scary/nasty/gross...

and ive heared that in some south america rivers there are a kind of fish that is a little bastard that tries to install itself on and eat the guills of the bigger fishes... it gides itself by smelling in the water to detect some kind of "urine acid"(dunno if thats the right translation), and even if you did not pissed in the water he can get fooled andl try an opportunity snack on you...there... uuuurrrggggg!

Parasites have something that scares me so much more than predators...