Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Nissan Skyline R34 Autobot (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27088)

Stormgetto 31-07-2007 02:51 PM

Nissan Skyline R34 Autobot

1 Attachment(s)
This is a model for a local magazine competition, here in the city that I live.

Because I didn`t have time to finish it, I just did a very crap texturing and posing just to present to the competition and if I`m lucky enough I will get the first price with is the PLAYSTATION 3!

And I hope I will be finishing the model here in this post.

Stormgetto 31-07-2007 02:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and the sequence.

Stormgetto 31-07-2007 02:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
more sequence.
I could have done all those image in more small scale but, I thought some people would like to see the detail.

gster123 31-07-2007 02:59 PM

Looks good man, be great to see a animation of him transforming!

Stormgetto 31-07-2007 03:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
final pose.

Well , all those interior parts is just temporary, I just made it to present for the competition.
But my intention is to make more belivable, like in the movie.
So basically I want to take all those interior out and replace it with the parts that actually real cars parts, like engine and such.

It is a long way to go, I know.....

Stormgetto 31-07-2007 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And with texture.
This texture is also teporary.

I know is a very bad looking texture...specular and all.

Stormgetto 31-07-2007 03:15 PM

gster123: Wow
Fast reply!
I problably will be doing some animation, but at the moment the model have some weird rigging problems, probably is the IK.

deadjackal 31-07-2007 03:53 PM

woaa:eek:

man its really lookin awesome.
A car tranforming :D
i think its so complicated
waitin 4 more animated projects ;)

slatamilian 31-07-2007 09:50 PM

Hey i gotta say man i rarely see things on hear that blow me away but that rocks! I was thinking how hard that would be to do and how far past my understanding that is when i saw the movie! Well you did it and with some cool style also!

31-07-2007 10:23 PM

DUDE THATS AMAZING!!!!!

mastone 31-07-2007 10:54 PM

Don't worry mate you'll win that competition, :eek:
Great work

Xander-0 01-08-2007 10:26 AM

Yeah, that does look nice.

I might be able to help with the rigging problems - I'm good with machine one. I've built expanding joints, know how to make joints do full flips, among other things.

Regardless, I'd like a closer look at your model (I'll admit, I want a copy of the model itself). I'm trying to figure out how to make these kinds of things (So far all I have is beetles out of spheres - but its completely mechanically correct).

Stormgetto 01-08-2007 11:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok everybody.

I appreciate for all that excitement, but...
I think you guys are thinking that this model already have full animatic FK/IK system , and all those parts that transform are correctly done.

Well is not...
I would need to go back and remake all the rigging stuff, and the UVS at the moment are useless, and some interior parts doesn`t fit when`s in the car shape so I`m hiding it ( and those kind of stuff that I would like to replace and make it not hidden).

It is still a long way to go.

But so for those who ask me how I did that so far I will post some WIP pics, and information...that might help.

So let start.

first I started with the car, because obviously my intention here is to make something to transform into a car.

and after the car is done, I started to break the body into peaces.
(Before I start breaking I knew quite for sure with part go where when this model get tranformed, so wasn`t too difficult to figure`t out how I should break it, so my advice is to get to know how you going to break and make it transform)

Stormgetto 01-08-2007 12:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And so...
After I had all my car split into peaces, I did a quick search to see how the transformers are actually transformed....
*probably I could have done this research even before I split the car....

Anyway after I decide how should my car transform (this I mean how roughly my transform will be in@the robot shape) I started to put all those splited part in the position of the robot.
*remember to save in different file so you can use a old file (car model file) to use as reference when you going to make it transform back to a car.

And when I got satisfied with the position I started making the interior and the skeleton.

Stormgetto 01-08-2007 12:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And here it is the skeleton!