Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   as few probs (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18573)

clopper 07-10-2005 11:30 AM

as few probs

I have a few probs, please try to help mem out.

1) I cant seem to find the extrude face/edge tool. I click on the button and the manipulator dos not show. I have gone into show modifiers but nothing shows.

2) When i do a uv layout projection, the manipulator is not there, so i cannot manipulate the projection at all.

3) When i create say a poly cube, I have to go into the box to change the amount of sub divisions, whereas in the past I have been able to change this by clicking on something on the right of the screen, yet now I cant seem to access this. If you are unsure what I mean, this si the box, where when you highlight the specific area you then use the middlemouse button to scrub. This is what I want to be able to do again, as its a lot easier and better to see how many divisions there are while the model is on the screen.

Hop you guys can clear this up fo me..

j5ive 07-10-2005 01:49 PM

Read the manual or help files.

clopper 07-10-2005 01:53 PM

I HAVE BUT TO NO AVAIL. PLEASE HELP

clopper 10-10-2005 11:50 AM

Please help if you can answer my query. I really need to know where my manipulators have disappeared to and also where my inputs box has gone. Sometimes it is there and others it has gone.Please help

Alan 11-10-2005 09:46 AM

ok yoru channel box has disappeared. go to:

display > ui elements > channel box / layer editor that should solve that one.

For the other question, when you need to show a manipulator just hit "t" on your keyboard and it should pop up.

:ninja:
A

clopper 12-10-2005 04:34 PM

My problems are still not resolved.
1. When I say channeks box, i didnt mean the actual channel channel box, I mean the inputs box. It has plainly disappeared. This means that I can now no longer change the atrributes of my shape. for example sub divisions etc.

2.Also the manipulator still does not show. OK this works when I want to show/hide manipulators for move rotate etc, but this does not make a difference for the extrude tool. Ijust cannot get it up at all. all there is is the selected faces, and when i press the extrude tool a little result appears in the bottom of the screen but with no actual extrude tool.
pleese help.

bazore 05-11-2005 12:33 PM

thats strange.. ive got exactly the same problem with extruding faces.. theres no manipulator any more..!

i would be happy if anyone has an answer to that...

clopper 05-11-2005 01:54 PM

I have sorted it out now, what I did is go into my c drive and elete the maya folder called prefs, then reloaded maya and all was restored.

bazore 05-11-2005 04:08 PM

ok, i did the same and its working again!!

thank you!!