Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   quick critique needed #2 (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2589)

tvholicjames 09-12-2002 03:59 PM

quick critique needed #2

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I pull out the jaw part of the brow...Is this better?

Anything else I should improve to make it look like the human model other than the neck and the ears?

Thanks,
JL

Kurt 09-12-2002 04:04 PM

Just try and smooth the surface out a bit looks rough still. You might want to pull the eyes out twards the ears just abit more.

The ears will help a lot to fram his face once you get them on.

MKess007 10-12-2002 03:43 AM

Looks pretty good. I think the lips look slightly too skinny.

tariqrf 11-12-2002 09:26 AM

you can improve on the cheek area... widen it up a bit and the nose area between the eyes...

iron_tick 11-12-2002 02:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
some critique for you.(picture is at bottom for referance)

The subjects head corners are followed nicely by your model (blue area)(dont feel bad subject, everyone has head corners its nothing personal).

But, as you can see with the red area.

the subject has large sized neck muscles which buldge(1). this should be followed by your model to keep the head proportionate to the neck. the jaw line isnt really far off but you will know if it needs correcting after addressing the neck.

The model seems to be in a bust type format. it would be benificial to end either above or below the neck crease in order to get a good representation of your subject.(2) i prefer below the crease to show the full neck modelling(3).

The subject seems to have had a broken nose(could just be bad lighting) but if your using a mirrored sub D modeling technique, you should recess the nose bridge at the top a little then adjust side to side after the cage is no longer needed(4).

hope that helps you out. your model is showing good detail so far. keep us posted on it.

tvholicjames 11-12-2002 11:08 PM

thanks guys. I am doing the ears from the ear tutorial. Hopefully I'll get that right...

Jamie

tvholicjames 13-12-2002 05:28 AM

My instructor was impressed :)

My instructor was impressed. Yeah Me! :)

How does one put the subdiv poly mesh into a zip, by any chance... without having the annoying project folders like scene, sound, source image folder etc...

thanks,
Jamie Li

BabyDuck 13-12-2002 10:51 PM

you only need to zip the .mb or .ma file in the zip. the easiest is to select the subdiv head, go to standard (not poly proxy mode) delete history if you can - and export selection into a .mb file outside your project in a separate folder - and compress only this folder (or the single maya file). this way you can import the head into another scene without importing any lights and stuff.

hope that helps