Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   so glad to be back modeling:) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14780)

anita 20-12-2004 06:33 PM

so glad to be back modeling:)

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys I miss you all!..I just finished my last semester and hopefully I am graduating .
now at least I dont need to deal anymore with history math etcc...all the things i dont care about.
I already feel rusty with maya , but i decided am going to dedicate my next few weeks and patch model a head of brando.
I checked some of your work and I must say you all got so much better!! ......hope to hear from you
kisses
Anita

Jay 20-12-2004 08:31 PM

Hey Anita
I'm not one for patch modelling but this is looking promising. Dont forget to keep those spans low as possible. Look forward to the rest

_J

anita 20-12-2004 08:40 PM

yea Jango its a whole thing attach detach ..etc..its crasy but
i like being able to do stuff in all ways

Jay 20-12-2004 08:45 PM

Cool, a bit of variety never hurts does it!!:p

_J

RickStefani 20-12-2004 09:09 PM

Great start and welcome back.

anita 20-12-2004 09:45 PM

thankxxx Rick yeah now am done with school thats it..!! if ever i have to take classes again it would b for this stuff!!!!

anita 20-12-2004 11:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
as usual the image references are screwy ..uhh sorry i felt something was wrong with the head.I had already brought the eyes closer since u notice that the only profile i have of him is far from perfect.so i am using deformers now to bring the ear closer as weel instead of redoing the curves..

anita 20-12-2004 11:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have not complicated myself with a lot of curves at the begining just the basics...I tried using the birail to get surfaces but it droves me nuts coz i think the curves have to be touching instead i used boundary ..much better

anita 21-12-2004 12:06 AM

this is gona b a pain in the b*8 but thats the challenge right :)

Pixelwelder 21-12-2004 10:01 AM

COOL!!!!classea are over :)
i wish i could have time to have classes for maya too.

Anyway i think you are in the right way and looking god what you are doing so far.

Helder Real

anita 21-12-2004 08:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
thankx PixW.I just noticed yeasterday that my curves where kinda not clean so i went crasy and restarted from the begining .what i mean not clean is that if the curve points are not evenly alligned when u birail the isoparms are all over the place and it doesnt give a nice surface.i need a clean model i wana add it to my real

anita 21-12-2004 08:44 PM

the neck was also tilted forward which made him look more like creature..any coments from u guys would be great later on.

One good thing that happened today ..I almost thought it was my graphics sard that went bad
coz everytime i rendered with maya i had some kind of like a rainbow effect on my surface ..well if any of u ever had or have this problemm...i found the solution! its a stupid thing ..for some reason my pc image resolution went down from 32 bit to 16..so that was it i put it back to 32! ..duuhhhh

anita 21-12-2004 08:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i duplicate the nose after birail so i can sculp little details as i go on...then delete the detail..i'm just telling u guys this so that if anyone out there is interested in patch modeling maybe this would help//:rolleyes:

NextDesign 21-12-2004 11:38 PM

Looks nice mate. Keep going!

anita 22-12-2004 12:42 AM

hey Peltra nice to se u around!