Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Batman begins (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23467)

leonlabyk 07-10-2006 02:23 PM

Batman begins

1 Attachment(s)
Fancied a break from modelling other things and am going to try to whip up the batmobile from batman begins. Unfortunately I have a few good shots but am lacking any overhead views. If anyone has any decent views lookind down it would be very usefull.

Cheers leon

cris007 07-10-2006 02:43 PM

Loved that vehicle, so I can't wait to see your model. Sadly, I can't help you with the image though :). Isn't there any scene in the movie where you get to see it from top-down though? I have a feeling there is, though it might have been during a chase scene and the blur would make it hard to use it for anything other than the general size and shape. Hope you find what you're looking for and best of luck to you :)

pbman 07-10-2006 04:36 PM

cant wait to see how this pans out

i believe these r wat ur looking for
dont know how accurate they are but the site they r from is generally veery good at blueprints

here u go batmobile thumbler

leonlabyk 08-10-2006 11:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
cheers pbman they will be v usefull. Can't find any overhead views so I have taken your advice cris and am using some shots from the film. Here is a small update.

leonlabyk 16-10-2006 07:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
O.k. here is another small update.

G-Man 17-10-2006 12:57 AM

Looking nice..
i've got some blueprints of this thing somewhere on a cd, if i can dig them up i'll post them..
Was thinking of modeling it not too long ago, but i dropped it for the Falcon, atleast for now.. maybe one day i'll do it..dunno..
G

leonlabyk 17-10-2006 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok here is another update. I am having trouble with the back end though due to a lack of decent pics. If anyone has any please let me know since it looks like I am gonna have to use my intuition on a lot of stuff otherwise. Should still be fine but would rather get things perfect.

Cheers leon

leonlabyk 18-10-2006 08:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Started on the booster on the back + tweaked a few areas slightly. Not to sure how to go about modelling the oval sphere that surrounds the booster. Think that the best bet might be to model it as a nurb and convert to poly. Problem is the only way I can think to insert the booster would be using the booleans tool which often results in problems and poor geometry. I am a bit of a newbie so if anyone has any suggestions they would be appreciated.

leonlabyk 18-10-2006 08:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok heres a quick attempt before I go to work. Dont worrt about the wheels looking all wrong since they are just stand ins till I make some proper ones.

Comments welcome

G-Man 19-10-2006 07:21 AM

Still looking nice..
I found those pics i was talking about..
alot of detail pics from teh actual vehicle...Pm me your e-mail, or msn address or somethign and i'll zi['m up and send them your way...
As far as the Afterburner can in the back...
My advice, is just model it as a seperate peice of Geometry and Parent, or Group it to the main body of the geometry..Not everything can alwsays be a single mesh, and sometimes, its actually beneficial to make somehting a seperate mesh, even if you have to just..oerlap it wiht some other geometry..
Look at my two threads in my Signature,.. all the detail in them are seperate peices of Geometry mostly... A base mech for shape, then alot of little bits added in for effect..

Hope this helps
G

leonlabyk 20-10-2006 12:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cheers for the pics legendofzombi it is greatly appreciated. The exterior is nearing completion. Only a small amount of work to do on the front still and then details need to be added to the back end. Also I need to create some decent tires and alloys which I will probaly work on next. Once all completed I will be moving onto the interior.

G-Man 20-10-2006 01:08 PM

Glad they helped man..
Cool to see youre going to do the INterroir...didnt know if those pics would be of any use to you or not, But i'm glad they are..
I say its looking nice... cant wait to see it completed

Thanks for your comments on my wip's by the by...:)
G

Jay 20-10-2006 05:18 PM

Great stuff, though the tyres are in need of a tweak, they need to be flatter

http://simonjagassar.com/Web%20Image...front_side.jpg

http://nmxs-images.forbesautos.com/s...r_rear?WID=336

Cheers
Jay

leonlabyk 20-10-2006 07:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just started on some tires for the front. Still need the alloys though.

leonlabyk 21-10-2006 11:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok I am working on the rear tires but the treads are a little bit nuts. I am wondering if anyone has any tips as to how I should go about creating them. I know I could simply make a bump map but would rather create the actual geometry. If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

Cheers Leon