Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   SimplyMaya Tutorials (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Apache Polygon Smooth Proxy Problem (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15557)

mgreen 25-02-2005 01:30 AM

Apache Polygon Smooth Proxy Problem

Hey guys, I just started to do the apache tutorail but Im having a little problem, In the Second video tutorial of the modeling section. when I apply the Polygons Smooth Proxy, I do not get the two additional layers added to my layer list (the pCylinder1SmoothMesh and pCylinder1ProxyMesh) . I dont have the PolySmoothFace1 in the channels box, I only have a PolySmoothProxy Drop down box w/o a Divisions Box.

Can someone please help me out, I really want to continue finishing up the tutorial.

Thank You.

Matt

kbrown 25-02-2005 10:17 AM

Did you reset the settings in the Smooth Proxy options? Don't worry about not having the layers. Later on in the tute I noticed that they're just pain in the butt and turned that feature off. The PolySmoothFace1 should appear in the channel box when you select the smoothed version of you mesh (not the original mesh).

mgreen 26-02-2005 01:32 AM

I did reset the smooth proxy settings but it did not do anything. when I click on the smooth mesh, not the original mesh, I still dont have the PolySmoothFace1 in my channels box, Im not sure what im doing wrong.

kbrown 26-02-2005 07:58 AM

Could you send me your scene file as a private message and I'll have a look at it? Save it in maya ascii format (.ma), if you're on maya 6 or 6.5...

mhcannon 26-02-2005 06:01 PM

did you delete history at any point? That would have removed the polysmoothproxy input node.

mgreen 26-02-2005 10:07 PM

how do i upload a file with private message. I want to pm you but i cant upload the (.ma file). Unless you want the code which I doubt. thank you though

mgreen 26-02-2005 10:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is my file, thank you for the help

kbrown 27-02-2005 10:42 AM

Well, I didn't have any problems smooth proxying your mesh. Can you attach a file where you have already done the smooth proxy so I can see if you've done it right.

mgreen 27-02-2005 08:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is with smooth proxy, but no face1 in my channel box.

kbrown 27-02-2005 10:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Unfortunately it seems like they have changed something between Maya 5 and 6. I couldn't see the smoothed version of the mesh at all. It gave me this:

// Warning: file: C:/Temp/apachesmooth.ma line 2432: Unrecognized node type 'polySmoothProxy'; preserving node information during this session. //

Anyway, all I can suggest is that you get the latest patch to your Maya, if you haven't done so. Another option is that you try to use the attached file. I did the smooth proxy for you in my Maya 5.

Sorry I couldn't help you better. Maybe someone with Maya 6 can?