Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   I GOT MAYA, *dances* (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9309)

twisteddragon33 07-12-2003 08:05 AM

I GOT MAYA, *dances*

If anyone remembers me i was here a while ago. Anxiously awaiting when i would be getting maya. And then i got it... but didnt have the correct computer spects, so i used lightwave. I just recently aquired a computer capable of running it and finally started.

I already went through about 4 tutorials and like it. Some minor complications but other than that much smoother than other modelers ive used...

Okay.... just had to let someone know, i tell anyone here i got maya they will just look at me like i slaughtered a cow in a cornfield..

dannyngan 07-12-2003 08:14 AM

Welcome to the cult... um, I mean club. ;)

twisteddragon33 07-12-2003 08:19 AM

i think you were right the first time... ive actively posted here for about 2 months.. then ghosted for a few more. Ive seen your kind *points finger crazily*

oh yeah... ill fit in fine.

Pony 07-12-2003 08:28 AM

Hay twisted ! seen ya around.. congrats on the Maya fetish ! LOL

twisteddragon33 07-12-2003 08:39 AM

Hey, everyone needs a fetish. Yeah ive seen you around too, as i remember you were a really fast modeler(which from what ive seen is rare/very good). Maybe i can pick up tips from you and others. That is why i am here afterall. (and boredom at 3am)

vladimirjp 07-12-2003 06:42 PM

i sense the force will be strong with this one:o

wait 'til u learn MEL, or get started on the dynamics simulation

good luck
now practice you must.

neoarcadia 07-12-2003 07:55 PM

Twisteddragon33, keeeeeep aaawwway from MEL, the dddarrk kk ssside of the force.. haha ihad to say something.. But scripting and programming is evil, i promise you. EVIL! And dynamics is only its cousin. :banghead:

I-Iybrid 08-12-2003 01:16 AM

Glad to see ya back Twisted man! Im here still, sometimes. Whenver I get a chance. :)

twisteddragon33 08-12-2003 08:54 AM

Hi hybrid, been a while(like 2 hours).

I dont know whats so bad about programming, i loved other programming styles and about to learn C++, maybe mel scripting would be good for me:).

And yes... i am pure evil:)

neoarcadia 08-12-2003 09:37 AM

Yeah if you're C++ savvy, then it shouldn't be hard to pick up, but since i really never got into programming, i'm going to spend quite some time just to understand it :(

twisteddragon33 08-12-2003 05:20 PM

You have to have the mindset for programming. Some peopel just can do it, others just cant. The "in the box" people generally have a very difficult time with it. Where "outside the box" people tend to be great with it.

Just barely learning C++, not savvy with it at all, but im very good with most basic style programming command logic style like Visual Basic and Quick basic.

dave_baer 08-12-2003 08:12 PM

Heya TD, I remember you. :D Welcome back and congrats on the Maya thing. You should get the hang of it rather quickly with all teh insight we have here at SM.

]-[ybrid... Do you play QUAKE2 as ]-[ybridWhore? I used to play with a guy by that name. :D

I-Iybrid 09-12-2003 03:54 AM

Hey dave. No, sorry. I dont play Quake 2 at all. My name, I-Iybrid, is a capital "i" with a dash (-) and another capital "i". Its not the little brackets. ( ] [ ). Just thought Id let ya know. ;)

twisteddragon33 09-12-2003 09:39 AM

Been staring at the screen for about 5 hours straight working on maya... and got nearly nothing done.

Distractions are a killer eh?

I-Iybrid 09-12-2003 01:31 PM

Focus! Gotta focus man! Not gonna get ne thing done, unless you focus. Some inspiration wouldnt hurt either, hehe. :D