Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   eeep modelling/skinning/rigging problem? (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1771)

Nem 25-10-2002 02:49 PM

eeep modelling/skinning/rigging problem?

1 Attachment(s)
this is totally weird, it all worked fine when i skinned it up, but now, ive grouped the skeleton to itself, and i try rotating the group, but when i do so it deforms the mesh in a weird way and i dont know why :( im sure all the CVs have weights when i skinned it cos i can translate the group in any direction and itll all be fine, no deformations, just when i rotate it

anyone know?

kal 26-10-2002 12:00 AM

not off the top of my head, but you sure could use some more ram! 21mb free :eek:

Nem 26-10-2002 01:14 AM

lol, i know, but i need ££££££ :)
more ram = no deformation in model while rotating ? :D

Nem 27-10-2002 03:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
heres a simplified version of my scene if you want to take a look
rotate the group above the root and you'll see the body deformations :(

Kurt 27-10-2002 04:17 PM

Looks like you just have to weight the Cv's on his butt using the component editor. That should help. I'lll play with the scene and see what i can do for yeah sometime in the next few days.

Kurt

Nem 27-10-2002 04:34 PM

i thought when i skinned him i gave all the CVs a weight, how come when i translate none of the "non-weighted" cvs stay still? they all move with the model

Kurt 27-10-2002 06:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Try this file. I put a lattice around his whole mid sections and rotated it evey why I could. It seems to be much better. I hope its what you where asking for.

Kurt

Nem 27-10-2002 06:54 PM

there are a few problems with that, yes the deformation of the body has disappeared :D but so has the ability to move his hand with the hand locator :(
the hands wont move, and none of the clusters and locators in the upper body seem to be able to deform the mesh anymore :(

Kurt 27-10-2002 07:14 PM

That's funny I didn't touch any of the locators I just played with the mind section. Shouldn't take you that long to get the locators moving the arms again just parent the locator to the arm IK. As for the cluster's I wouldn't worry about them, your skeleton is a very simple one with only a few spine joints it just as easy to rotate the spine joints to get the same look. Well at least the defromations are fixed.

Kurt

Nem 27-10-2002 07:26 PM

well some of the clusters have animations :(

how did you apply the lattice? cos id like to add it to my proper scene

Kurt 27-10-2002 07:34 PM

Just detach the belly, edit delete by type history. F8 on the belly pick all the CV's than go to animation tools set. Pick deform create lattic. Than in the hypergraph select the root, spine joints and head, shift select only the lattice and skin bind skin rigid bind. Make sure in rigid bind option box you have it marked for selected joints.

Kurt

Nem 28-10-2002 07:03 PM

thx kurt :)
how do i add an object to a group?