Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   SM Tournaments (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Tournament #2 - Tweek VS Howardporter - RND 1 (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5896)

M 22-05-2003 01:11 AM

Tournament #2 - Tweek VS Howardporter - RND 1

Alright, this tournament round goes on for 5 days. It will then go on for one day after that, when it will be voted for. If you vote for one, please vote for the rest of them as well. Also, if the next day there are not at least 3 votes on one side, the mods will judge the winner. Have a great time and this round is on:

Underwater Creature :D.

Textures are a must.. but can be as little as lamberts and blinns :P. The two battlers for this thread are:

Tweek
and
Howardporter

Have a great battle!

DO NOT VOTE UNTIL BOTH FINAL RENDERS ARE IN

http://64.180.100.76/public/personal...ya/tourny2.jpg

^^TwEeK^^ 22-05-2003 01:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok...so im paired with Howardporter...great!!I was hoping to battle a newbie, but whatever...ill give it my best:D :D
im gonna model a crab like creature...since a cant draw at all.. heres a picture i use for reference...but doubt i will make it look like the picture....
oh and by the way...good luck howardporter!!
:cool:

M 22-05-2003 01:21 AM

SWEET, looks like a awesome crab. Anyways, cant wait to see your work on this.. im just going to make the res on that image a bit smaller.. for the 56 k'ers ;). Hope ya dont mind.

^^TwEeK^^ 22-05-2003 01:23 AM

i d idnt notice it was so big....

^^TwEeK^^ 22-05-2003 01:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
oooookkkkkkkk...
this is what i've done so far...
any comments?

M 22-05-2003 04:05 AM

:O, wow tweek.. thats a great start!! Nice shell dude! Umm, one thing i would suggest is maybe making the basic shapes out of cylinders to start off.. so you can get a basic shape of what your crab will look like.. you know what i mean? But if you can visually see the rest of it as of now, then thats good.. just i cannot exactly see yet where the head and legs and whatnot are going to go. BTW, if you add spikes to the crab.. i think it would be better if they were facing the other way.. so if the head of the crab was on the left side of that picture, then the spikes should be going away from it, like slicked back hair :). If the head is going to go in the middle facing me... then thats a cool effect, still tilt them back a bit in my opinion.. do you understand? If not let me know and i will get you an example :). Lookin good though

^^TwEeK^^ 22-05-2003 08:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
thanks for the commets M...
i changed the spikes a bit so that they are now pointing back..and added the legs.....
what do u think?

^^TwEeK^^ 22-05-2003 08:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and this.....

EagleKing 22-05-2003 08:35 PM

cps tool... great start :D

M 22-05-2003 11:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
looks great! Maybe stretch out the shell a bit to the sides.. also.. the spikes are lookin great, but could be a bit bigger and still going backwards, but also going in different directions.. so all facing away from the face, like slicked back hair.. but not all in the exact direction.. so one goes a bit off at a 10 degree angle, another in the other direction etc :). Legs would be cool if you added a spike off the end.. i will show you a picture of all i mean :). (super rough)

^^TwEeK^^ 22-05-2003 11:36 PM

i get what u mean... ill change it soon..
..and the leg idea is awsome...im for sure going to use it.....thanks!!

howardporter 23-05-2003 02:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
way to go ^^TwEeK^^ looks like I am already in trouble!!!
:D

Good luck to everyone involved-

well I am off to a late start here, and I still have to finish my monthly challenge thing! (I overwrote my file which set me back a bit...)

here is my sketch for my entry-- not a real fish obviously, 'cause that would require real referance!;)

H!

^^TwEeK^^ 23-05-2003 02:06 AM

looks great....cant wait to see how you will model this...

adldesigner 23-05-2003 02:11 AM

Yet again, a very powerfull sketch Howardporter.
Please PM me if interested in making a tutorial.

M 23-05-2003 02:25 AM

Howard, did you make that sketch through drawing and photoshop? If so your very talented :). Nice use of colors and dots.. nothing is over exxagerated.

BTW, tweek.. in NO way do you have to do what i suggest, its just my ideas :).. it could look like utter crap from what i say :P.. who knows.. heheh.. just remember that :).