Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   March Challenge - GateKeeper - Noobie (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4341)

GateKeeper 03-03-2003 08:28 PM

March Challenge - GateKeeper - Noobie

Okay I don't have a lot of time and I have only the faintest idea about what to do but... I'm in!

I'm thinking automated Hovertank. Something sleek and not too complicated...

I'll try to put up a bit of preliminary modeling once I get the basic design laid out. I would put up some concept art but I know less about Drawing than I do about Maya!

M 03-03-2003 09:11 PM

Sounds like a good idea, :D, now we need some sketches, or the start of a model! Could be great if done right :).

GateKeeper 05-03-2003 05:52 AM

First Wireframe

Okay here it goes. I've finally decided on a tank drone. Basically an automated war machine.

This is the wireframe of the forward section. I need to add the sensor array's, maybe some light(s), maybe a fixed forward weapons array of some sort or a set of articulated hands I'm not sure, and the forward thruster.

comments and suggestions most welcome...

GateKeeper 05-03-2003 05:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I must be tired I forgot to add the picture...:banghead:

GateKeeper 05-03-2003 05:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And now I'm off to bed to get an early start on the other 4 CS projects I have going for school :eek:

undseth 05-03-2003 06:07 AM

yes! yes! :) this has a facinating shape to it. Look forward to see more of this Gatekeeper!

Roman 05-03-2003 10:27 AM

nice start :)

abra 05-03-2003 10:34 AM

wow, roman! you have been hard working! all this comments! (joking)

Kevin 05-03-2003 10:34 AM

great to see you entering GateKeeper, have you a good idea on the final look your after yet or just modeing as you go?

GateKeeper 05-03-2003 01:34 PM

I have the basic shape in mind as well as a couple of doodles for the design. Mostly I've been listening to music (listening to music always helps jog my imagination) and adding/subtracting from the planned final look of the model as it grows.

Thanks for the comments guys! I'll try to get more up ASAP!

GateKeeper 09-03-2003 04:27 AM

Nother wire

1 Attachment(s)
Hello all,

I don't have much of an update but I'll post it anyway. I've been so swamped with school that I havent had much time to devote to this competition :banghead: Anyway I started the basic shape of the rear unit that the drone will be pulling along. The drone itself isn't finished but I think I'll add to it all once the basic shape is complete.

GateKeeper 09-03-2003 04:30 AM

another view

1 Attachment(s)
Another view of the rear of the drone showing the engine nacelle of the drone. C & C most welcome.

GateKeeper 09-03-2003 05:17 AM

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :mingun:

Somehow I have managed to corrupt my maya .mb file. Everything I've worked on has been trashed. I'm sorry guys but I think I'm going to sit this one out. I am withdrawing from the competition.

Good luck guys.

M 09-03-2003 06:50 AM

aaaah, how! Thats terrible!... im sorry to hear that gatekeeper.... wish there was a way to "uncorrupt" it :(. Sorry for the bad luck :(.

undseth 09-03-2003 08:15 AM

Aw come on :D

Don't you save in different files :(

On the other hand, doing a LOT of thing isn't fun.