Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Head model (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31241)

silverspawn 29-10-2008 07:19 AM

Head model

1 Attachment(s)
just wondering If i could have an opinion on What you guys think,threw this together in 4 hours,which i am pleased about has a month or so ago this would of took me a few days.I know its a little sharp in places.

Just getting a feel for maya again after a 3 week lay off due to studies. But just wanted to ask would this be able to be animated with the relavant extra work added.

I really want to do a small demo reel with a character just walking threw a desert. So as soon as I am happy with the topology of my modelling I will get into the harder stuff of animating a full character.

I want to be able to add maybe a little speech as well maybe just a few words, would there be anything I would need to do with the head if i was planning on him talking??

Cheers guys

And remember I am still a newb kind of and was impresssed with the little head i did:attn:

silverspawn 29-10-2008 07:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
and again

Chirone 29-10-2008 06:04 PM

Re: Head model

looks good from where i stand/sit

heh... just one thing... can you crop your images so we only see the relevant thing?

Quote:

Originally posted by silverspawn
I want to be able to add maybe a little speech as well maybe just a few words, would there be anything I would need to do with the head if i was planning on him talking??
depending on if you want to move the mouth in sync with the words or not it could take a long time
i think you use clusters to control muscle groups on the face
although i dont know how you keep them cuz they disappear when you delete history....

DJbLAZER 29-10-2008 07:20 PM

So don't delete history.

LauriePriest 29-10-2008 07:31 PM

delete non-deformer history ftw

gster123 29-10-2008 08:11 PM

Personally I think the model needs a lot of reflinement before going on to animation, go back to the low poly mesh and then refine that to get a better shape, theres lumps and ridges about and a lackof definition.

silverspawn 29-10-2008 09:40 PM

Thanks guys.

This was just a test run will start another head model in a few days,

I know theres lumps and bumps here and there,I will make sure I spend a little more time defining my other.If i was planning on animating is there any particular expression I need to adopt top the head? I know you need the T stance for body, but what about the head?

I was just wondering how do you get the images cropped to size???

jason

gster123 29-10-2008 09:58 PM

Just make it hav a neutral expression for the modeling pose.

As for cropping your images stick em into photoshop or GIMP or any image editing tool