Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   June Challenge - Laurie - Noobie (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6112)

LauriePriest 03-06-2003 09:39 PM

June Challenge - Laurie - Noobie

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys im gona give this a go... its gona be heavy duty air/land veichle, here is some concept:

LauriePriest 03-06-2003 09:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Worked on the main thrusters.. this is my first experience with NURBS ... i actually like them.. never thought i would but there being very kind to me at the moment.. any surgestoins so far.. i dont quite know how to get the tube dents running up the main section.... COS is very powerfull and i think i might use those:

LauriePriest 04-06-2003 09:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Done a bit of work on it this morning.. any comments would be cool =)

Kevin 04-06-2003 10:17 AM

nice start laurie. So far matches your art.

Nurbs hey! tricky little sods them, but keep going mate and all will be ok

[icarus_uk] 04-06-2003 10:48 AM

Im making my model in NURBs, I like them and Im sick of using polys for the last 2 weeks.

To cut out your indentations; create two circles and project them around the middle of the surface. Then trim out the middle part. Create a cylinder for the lower indented surface and a flat circle for the top and bomttoms of the indented surface.

Alternatively, just insert isospams and cale them inwards.

kornkidpr 04-06-2003 08:16 PM

thats cool it looks like the spaceship the used in the movie SPACEBALLS haha :cool:

LauriePriest 04-06-2003 09:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
HAHA.. ooh yeh, have to love that film, here is what ive added, its gona have tank track type things so it can move on ground to :D, but i need big help on how to do those please.. ive seen some other guys do them.. but i dont know how :(, i dont need them animated just tracks.

LauriePriest 05-06-2003 09:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Latest update.. second carrage coming next then cabin then im adding loads and loads and loads of detail.

LauriePriest 06-06-2003 09:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quick update guys: please comment.. i think im just gona add lots of equipment to the thing now and add detail.. i figured why not spend the time making what i have more interesting instead of extending it :) I probably wont win but im having great fun doing this and its my first mechanical thing.. ive stuck to organics for ages now.

LauriePriest 06-06-2003 09:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
second Piccy

brian_ellebracht 06-06-2003 10:09 PM

Looks pretty nice so far, like the treds, you were able to stay pretty in line with your sketch. nice start,
Brian

drknow 07-06-2003 02:55 AM

hey, no fair. urs puts mine to shame. Are u sure u should be in the newbie section. Hehe. Good job man.

LauriePriest 07-06-2003 08:25 AM

I been modeling for a bit, but maya for like a few weeks and the treads where somthing new to me, and trust me, i cant texture for my life (or render) so im really worried about that =(

howardporter 07-06-2003 10:28 AM

I like the treads! Nice.

BabyDuck 07-06-2003 12:02 PM

one suggestion would be to subdivide the main body some. not necessary smoothing, but more poly count. so the patched are not so big. maybe that is where those lines comes from in renders.