Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   mausoleum wip (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32533)

WynterNyght 31-05-2009 01:21 AM

mausoleum wip

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys this is another scene i started a while back, that im am now working on again. The modeling isnt done, tend to enjoy rendering more it seems so i keep jumping back and forth. The ground fog is also still a wip. Let me know what you think!

mirek03 31-05-2009 07:47 AM

what do i think.., i cant see anything to have a thought about?? what is it?

when you post i would advise making sure the scene is clear.., i cant see a thing

Gen 31-05-2009 07:58 AM

Not off to a bad start. That watermark is a makes it hard to see whats going on, especially in such a dark scene.

mirek03 31-05-2009 08:06 AM

well your screen must be a lot brighter than mine because i cant see anything.., something vaguely under the water mark look fine but i cant see what it is

ben hobden 31-05-2009 01:52 PM

yeah the watermark makes it very hard to see without effort, but it seems like theres a nice mood behind it.

WynterNyght 31-05-2009 04:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah i cant do anything about the watermark unfortuneatly. Yeah it is dark, im still trying to get a balance with it not being to dark, but yet dark enough to fit the right mood. You can actually see it better with a bigger pic size. Heres a bigger pic, i know its bigger than what your supposed to post, please to dont kill me :) Mirek03 Let me know if you still cant see it, ill just turn the light intensity up some more

WynterNyght 31-05-2009 06:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just in case, heres one with the light intensity up. I hope its bright enough now :)

ben hobden 31-05-2009 07:40 PM

where are you planning on going with this wynter?

Have u used maya PLE? that has watermarks on renders but not quite as bad as this.

WynterNyght 31-05-2009 07:59 PM

Well i planned on trying to make it a dark, creepy scene. Possbily at night or a dark cloudy daytime if i couldnt get the nightime lighting off. I planned on maybye putting some fire effect in thos bowls, adding some more trees maybye. I actually started 3d using maya, so if i had to use the ple editon for a less obtrusive watermark i wouldnt mind. Can you still get the ple edition anyway anymore?

ben hobden 31-05-2009 08:15 PM

I dont know? Last I knew it was still going...have u heard different? relooking at your images I maybe remembering Ple's watermarks as less obtrusive than they are. And if you've used it, I guess you already know.

elephantinc 31-05-2009 08:16 PM

the PLE is no longer available for download
apparently it was removed by accident but its been a few months now and it still hasnt been re-uploaded

WynterNyght 31-05-2009 08:43 PM

Thats what i thought, but i managed to find a site that i could download it from. Though i used version 7 of the ple last i remeber and i needed a key to use it. Im not sure if its the same way for 8.5 ple

elephantinc 31-05-2009 08:50 PM

you do, but if i remember rightly recently someone posted a download link and a working key

WynterNyght 31-05-2009 09:09 PM

Yeah your right it still needs a key. Ill look for that post

ben hobden 31-05-2009 10:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These are a couple of images Ive got left over from when I used PLE, if u want to compare watermarks before going to hassle.