Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   ARGUS - Ragecgi ship model (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4486)

ragecgi 10-03-2003 01:43 AM

ARGUS - Ragecgi ship model

1 Attachment(s)
Just thought I would claim my spot as a WIP baddass! hehe..

This is a ship that I've been working on that I plan on completing this month.

Right now, it is only the right half, but later, I'll be duplicating that for the other side:)

It is called the ARGUS, and it is intended to be my concept for one of the ZION fleet of ships from the Matrix series.
I hope to animate it above, or below ground, with TONS of lights, weathered metal, armements, etc.

We'll see how this month goes, for my time on this is strictly on a weekend basis at the moment...

Hope you like it.

ragecgi 10-03-2003 01:44 AM

Larger view..

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a zip file with a larger view for you:)

M 10-03-2003 02:32 AM

Wow, its really nice so far rage.. just its hard to totally tell its design :P. Looks great so far and i cant wait to see your progress :D.

ragecgi 10-03-2003 03:52 AM

Yeah, I should have more done in the next week:)

It looks great in my mind though:) hehe...

undseth 10-03-2003 06:08 AM

hmmm a ship?

Looks like the fish police have outlined the body of some sea-animal at the bottom of the sea :D

Do you have any drawings?

kbrown 10-03-2003 08:04 AM

Looks promising. Where did you get that name? I'm curious because we have a measuring system at work with that name too :p

I-Iybrid 10-03-2003 02:26 PM

Looking pretty spiffy there Izzy. Looking foward to seeing it completed.

M 10-03-2003 04:00 PM

LOL, undseth.. thats hillarious... ah, fish police.

ragecgi 10-03-2003 04:22 PM

Yeah, I have one drawing, but it's only the top view, so I'll have some side views up this week which will define it better.

Sorry for the lack of detail at this point:)

More just claiming my WIP spot at the moment...

ragecgi 10-03-2003 04:32 PM

Well, I got the name from this passage:

In Greek mythology the Argus was a giant beast with a hundred eyes of which he could only close two at a time. Argus was the name of the builder of the Argo, the ship that carried the hero Jason in his quest for the Golden Fleece.

So my goal is to have TONS of "eyes" represented by lights, antennae, and external sensor arrays etc built into and onto the hull(s).

On a side note, Argus was placed by Juno to guard Io, whom Jupiter had changed into a heifer. But Mercury, who was sent to carry her off, managed to surprise and kill Argus whereupon Juno transfered his eyes to the tail of a peacock, her favourite bird.

Anyhoo... :)

M 10-03-2003 04:41 PM

Mercury, juno, peacock.. aaarg, who are these people. Oh well, i just cant wait to see this refrence :D.

ragecgi 10-03-2003 04:43 PM

I wish I had some drawing reference, but I don't...

It's all in my head at the moment, so I'll be posting more most every night this week, so stay tuned:)

ragecgi 23-04-2003 06:18 AM

UPDATE...

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry it took so long, but it couldn't be helped:)

Here is a tall screenie of where I'm at at the moment...

I have NOT added ANY detail as of yet, so that should explain a little why it lacks sense of scale.

All polys at he moment, but I MAY convert to subd at the end.

ragecgi 23-04-2003 06:21 AM

Looking at it from below, I now realize that it is WAY too WIDE.

Gonna change that for the next update....

adldesigner 23-04-2003 06:25 AM

Way too wide?
Dude, It has an excellent sense of bulkyness.
Excellent model man.