Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Apache Helicopter Finally Done!!! Well 3 parts left :S (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12608)

DigitalManiax 14-07-2004 07:02 PM

Apache Helicopter Tutorial Finally Done!!! Well 3 parts left :S

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, First I'd like to thanks KBrown for this tutorial, it help me alot... I'm new in maya and this is my first thread in here and in a forum as well.. Well i'm using maya since a half year. Since i used maya for the very first time, i completly became crazy about CG.. The possibilities are Unlimited.. :cool: Now that i've done this dvd i can't wait to try my own creations and see what i'm able to do with the techniques that KBrown learned me.. I don't really have drawing skills, but i'm not bad. This is why i'm gonna go in Art in Cegep. Hope it's gonna help. I finally done the highSchool this year. Anyway... Later i'd like to make movies FX.. Hehe i already have my blue screen and my miniDV video camera.. I made a cople of funny videos. One of them, its me in cookie plastic box, duplicated three times. :cool: Anyway, all i wanted is your opinion on my helicopter.. It takes me less than a month to do. It was easy and it make me learned a lot.

Thank you for wasting your time by reading this and hope u like my (KBrown) Helicopter. :). U'll see that i didn't made inside but i'm gonna do it this week. cYa

ereitz 14-07-2004 08:01 PM

looks very clean :)

CGPMaya84 14-07-2004 08:41 PM

Awesome looking model DigitalManiax! You really did an excellent job for this being your very first WIP on this thread! I really like all the detail you have in the apache helicopter. I hope you will continue to post more of your works on here! Also, I want to wish you luck in college! :D I know that I have enjoyed it so far much more than high school. I too am an art major, and being at college has really improved my artistic skills. Hehe, just to think though...at one point all I could draw was stick figures...:bored: Anyway, keep up the great progress on that model! ;)

ransick 14-07-2004 10:34 PM

hey DigitalManiax! nice work dude! It sure is really goooood job for first time! I didn't followed that tut but im sure I can make out of this that kbrown does a good job explaining everything! Great tut for newbie and novice you could say...
I allready can see you passion for cg! that's great...we got something in common....I think we all have :)

NextDesign 14-07-2004 10:34 PM

Looks great mate!

Kevin 15-07-2004 09:10 PM

great job dude, looks spot on to me!!

well done

kbrown 15-07-2004 09:38 PM

Looking good. Glad you liked the tute. The rotor blades seems missing the smoothing though :)

MorituriMax 19-07-2004 08:23 AM

Nice finished work.. the PNVS Turret needs to be bigger.. also, in stowed position, it (the top bump - elevation mirror cover) never stows straight back, it should always be about 2 o'clock looking from the front to the back.

Nice A-model overall though..

Also if you want to add a touch more detail, there should be two eyebrow panels just back of the nose behind the TADS/PNVS TTI mount. Inside those is where the two EGI units are located along with the ORT Column.

One more minor thing, the Airspeed indication tube on top is wayyy too long, needs to be about 1/2 the length.

Love it..
Ron Stepp
Apache Longbow AAE&I Technician, Fort Rucker

mumbojumbo_13 19-07-2004 11:36 AM

woo :P a real apache guy
kbrown shoudl get in contact with you man :P
i dunno if its just me but could you circle the wrong areas and explain for people who dont know what your talking about :P
--
cool anyway digi :D

MorituriMax 19-07-2004 03:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well thanks.. here is a shot that I think will help illiustrate the forward nose booboo..

As you can see the PNVS Turret is quite a bit larger than what I saw here.. no biggie.. I wish it were that small each time I change one out when it goes bad.. The new M-PNVS will be more plug and play, instead of the wiring harness being exclusively part of the turret, it will be wired so the harness mates with a plug on the future lot aircraft.

The left FAB (Forward Avionics Bay) is shown with a warning detector mounted (little circular unit) and has a lot of the TADS/PNVS electronics inside it, including the TEU (TADS Electronic Unit), and TPS (TADS Power Supply). It reaches forward more than is shown in your neat model.

Oops, on second thought disregard the FAB length in this photo, it's a D-Model and they extended it somewhat from the A-Model, the TADS/PNVS proportions are correct though, it didn't change enough to notice.. sorry.. grin.. why can't you all be doing Longbows instead?! 8)

kbrown 19-07-2004 03:39 PM

Nice to hear some details on this monster as I had no idea what the parts were when I was modeling my apache. As you propably know I am the guy behind the apache modeling tute so you can mostly blame me about the wrong proportions etc ;) I used an el'cheapo not-so-accurate plastic model kit as my main reference... Anyway... welcome to the site :)

MorituriMax 20-07-2004 05:11 AM

Roge that.. shoot no biggie.. I haven't downloaded the tutorial yet, but am going to check it out.. for not having a whole lot of detailed knowledge you got it darn near close..

Anything I offer will be mainly tweaking.. not sure what level of detail or accuracy you intended. There are some details that changed quite a bit.. for example, the little barrel up top over the rotors is actually where the fire control radar is mounted when they do so.. they actually increase the engine power going from A to D models for the additional weight of the MMA (mast mounted assembly) dome.

I'll try and download the tutorial and once I scrape the money together I am going to go for maya, right now I have LW8 and Rhino3D.. I really like what I have seen of maya..

Seeya
Ron Stepp
Apache Longbow AAE&I Technician, Fort Rucker

DigitalManiax 22-07-2004 09:37 AM

Thank you all guys for u comments. I'm gonna try what u told me about the proportion, but for now i got holydays to relax. But hey KBrown, i just have a question. You know when you use the Cut faces tool, you select the faces that u wanna cut and cut them. But after your selection still there. In my Maya the selection left and I need to select them again. It's really annoying and I tried to discover why and i didn't found anything. Thanks you again. cYa. i'll be back in 1 week.

kbrown 22-07-2004 11:12 AM

DigitalManiax: Someone else has asked this same before too. I truly have no idea why this happens :/

DigitalManiax 22-07-2004 03:35 PM

Ok i'll try to find it myself and if I find it i'll give u news..