Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Maya on the brain? (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2956)

GateKeeper 02-01-2003 01:13 AM

Maya on the brain?

First off Happy new year everyone! I hope everyone has a safe and prosperous Year.

Now onto the subject at hand. As I was driving through town today I began to look at the world in a different way. Sort of like Maya has taken a hold of my every train of thought and turns it toward Maya. For instance I was eyeing the car in front of me at the stop light and began breaking down the material properties of the rear light. I began trying to figure out how much of a specular ratio, reflectivity and transparency of the light before I realized what I was doing. Has this happened to anyone else? Has anyone gotten Maya on the brain? :banana:

brian_ellebracht 02-01-2003 01:24 AM

Thats great. lol Happens to me all the time. Except, I think man... look at that waterfall or any kind of effect that would be so hard to create realisticly in maya, and think about how easy it happens in real life. Or, i will try and figure out how I would model something. Lol. Its all good. Your are not the only one
Later,
Brian

GateKeeper 03-01-2003 07:51 PM

Oh thats such a relief to hear! lol

Peace

kbrown 03-01-2003 09:04 PM

Hehe, I'm in the same boat with you guys :D

dannyngan 03-01-2003 09:22 PM

As an animator, I'm always observing how people move and behave. I watch for the timing, the little personal quirks and habits, combination of speaking and gesturing and facial expressions, etc. If I'm not careful, people think I'm stalking them. :P

raul 04-01-2003 02:12 AM

yeah. but dont go insane, try to take a break from it. i dont want you going nuts. you kill so many braincells when useing maya.

Darkware 04-01-2003 02:18 AM

Wow. And I thought I was the only one! I usually think about how something would be modeled in Maya rather than lighting or special effects.

ragecgi 04-01-2003 02:24 AM

hehe...

Today, I caught myself trying to figure out how I could use a set-driven-key to make my boss write me a bigger paycheck.

What I wanted was when I punch him in the gut, the translateX of his stomach would make the translateX of his arm go in the opposite direction, (towards me) with his checkbook in hand.

I figured I could connect the translateX of his gut, to the negative translateX of his checkbook arm, but I started to have problems with my arm geometry interpenetrating with his spine:)

Oh well.....

Darkware 04-01-2003 02:26 AM

HAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH! *tries to control himself*

*spits all over the screen as he bursts out in laughter again*

HAHahahahahahahaHA!

Oculus 04-01-2003 04:33 AM

Top 5 ways you know you are a Maya junkie:

5) You try to find the 'Undo' command when you get soap in your eyes in the shower.
4) You meet someone new and wonder who modelled their face.
3) Instead of picking up an object, your fingers search for Alt and your mouse.
2) When speaking to people, you use Maya jargon. (IE "Your eyes have such wonderful cosine power.")
1) Even when dreaming, you cannot escape the Maya workspace!

kbrown 04-01-2003 04:40 AM

LMAO! :D

Good one Oculus :D

dbirider 04-01-2003 04:44 AM

haha.. geez! you guys are on a roll.:banana:

raul 04-01-2003 07:12 AM

4) You meet someone new and wonder who modelled their face.

GateKeeper 04-01-2003 11:53 PM

lol Guys this is hilarious!

-<{ JB }>- 05-01-2003 10:23 AM

LOL!!

Oculus, amazing... hilarious! It's so true!

I've caught myself using Ctrl+z in a few dreams to undo things!