Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Technical Issues (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   wierd, wierd rendering problem, help! (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23870)

greenleaf 18-11-2006 04:24 PM

wierd, wierd rendering problem, help!

I have this very strange problem going on when I render my animation. It has 190 frames and when I render them out to TGA files and open the images in a program like Videomach, the images come out completely different to the frames they correspond with.

For example, say at frame 50, in my actual animation, I have the character with his hand on the table, but when this is rendered out at frame 50, the image shows the character say, with his hand off the table. It's like Maya has rendered out a completely different scene file to my actual animation because the images which are supposed to correspond to the specific frames in Maya are just coming out with different animation poses etc.

I'm really not sure what's going on. I'm also using Maya Software. Plus the first 15 frames of my animation when rendered out to TGAs, show my character's hand going through the wall! This does not make sense when his hand is clearly plastered to the wall. (When I first load up the scene, his hand is going through the wall, like what it looks like when the scene is rendered out to TGAs in the first 15 frames, but when I scrub through the 2nd frame and back, the hand is then plastered to the wall - I'm not sure if it's a graphics problem or a Maya bug problem).

Interestingly though if I render out a single frame,one by one within Maya of the actual frame itself, it comes out the same, but hey, I don't think I have the patience to sit there and render each frame - I will be there all day! If I do a playblast, that also works fine and is true to the animation that I've done.

Can anyone with specific knowledge or experience know what the heck is going on with my rendering? I really don't know how to fix the problem, I don't know what the problem is.

I'm also using Maya 7

:headbang:

Please can someone help?

Thanks, g.

NeoStrider 20-11-2006 02:51 PM

i believe the solution to your problem is frame padding.

frame padding ensures that a leading zero is placed in front of the frame number to make sure that when imported into a compositing program, your frames stay in proper order.

in your render globals (settings, whatever...) change your frame padding from 1 to 3 (to account for the fact that you're rendering out 190 frames - frame 1 will end up being file001.tga instead of file1.tga).

greenleaf 21-11-2006 09:53 AM

wierd rendering

Thanks, I'll try rendering this way and change the frame padding setting and see if it makes the difference. I hope it does. It sounds like it might do. I'd heard of the frame padding thing before but didn't quite undetrstand what it was supposed to do.

greenleaf.