Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Challenge Forum (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   My Dream Office Challenge - Perfecto (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36091)

Chirone 15-08-2011 09:27 PM

dont office chairs usually have 2 or 3 of those lever controls? one for up and down, one for the tilt of the back of the chair and sometimes one for the tilt of the part you sit on

mean clock too, loving the hands. is the face just texture mapped?

Nukefr 16-08-2011 04:05 AM

Nice Shading And Texturing Perfecto .................

bullet1968 16-08-2011 05:33 AM

nice perfecto...bloody nice

Perfecto 16-08-2011 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chirone (Post 323747)
dont office chairs usually have 2 or 3 of those lever controls? one for up and down, one for the tilt of the back of the chair and sometimes one for the tilt of the part you sit on

mean clock too, loving the hands. is the face just texture mapped?

haha, definitely gotta have a functional chair. The control sticking out is for adjusting up and down. The knob underneath is for tilting the chair back, the part you sit on. I didn't see anything for tilting the back but I can easily add another control.

The face of the clock is a texture with bump on the 4 designs.

Perfecto 16-08-2011 06:33 AM

thanks for the generous comments Nuke and bullet

Gen 16-08-2011 06:35 AM

/steals Perfecto's chair :ninja:

Perfecto 16-08-2011 01:51 PM

Sorry GectT, it's just a hologram. The real one is in a classified, undisclosed location.;) One can never been too cautious these days.

Perfecto 23-08-2011 10:15 PM

sorry i havn't had any updates. I'll be working on this some more starting this weekend.

murtaza 24-08-2011 05:03 AM

Nicely Done!
very cool progress :)

Nilla 25-09-2011 05:43 PM

Hi Perfecto,

I believe you're probably busy with other things but as you did so much and what's there looks great please post a final in this thread before Friday night if you're up for it :)

Cheers,
Nilla

Perfecto 25-09-2011 08:53 PM

I REALLY REALLY wanted to do this as hard surface modeling is my thing. I had TONS of free time to do it too haha. But shortly into, I got super busy, all at once. I'm working on illustrations for a childrens book, we rearranged every room in our house and had two yard sales, still job hunting locally hoping I won't need to move which means lots and lots of interviews. Some family drama happened and so we've been having to take care of my nephews and neices off and on. Some friends and I are working on another app for the Windows Phone 7, I'm writing some more songs, and working on a new invention.

All that plus spending time with wife and son leaves no room for working on my entry haha. But I'm having an awesome fun time so no regrets. Plus, I've been enjoying watching everyone elses entries progress.

Gen 26-09-2011 03:03 AM

Ah life happens. Who knows, this could be a wip later.

bullet1968 26-09-2011 05:04 AM

Bummer mate!!! wow sounds like you have been a busy person! I know how you feel LOL. I had good intentions of finishing some models whilst here in the bush...but the long days and camp life mean Im usually in bed by 20 00hrs and getting up @ 0500...aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrr...hope you get to finish sometime though...Im with Genny...WIP it.

cheers bullet

THExDUKE 26-09-2011 08:22 AM

Hey sad to hear that you probably wont have the time for this here, but you have good reasons for that. :)
I agree with the others, WIP! ;)