Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   boxing glove (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29237)

arran 10-03-2008 08:57 PM

boxing glove

a friend asked me to model him a boxing glove - i only had a day to get it done. there's still a few things i'd like to do, but i ran out of time... i may come back to this though. :)

arran 10-03-2008 09:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
er.. here's the picture...

Redmer 10-03-2008 09:52 PM

i think it looks pretty cool
did you purley made it in zbrush?
or dit you made a basic model for it in maya?
when zbrushing do you use an tablet or just the mouse, i think of trying to lear zbrush but i heard its easier to use a tablet because of pressure sensetivity

Gen 10-03-2008 10:20 PM

those look kewl. lucky you, you "get" zbrush, i dont, i need a more solid foundation in maya before i start spreading my attention around. happy scuplting

gster123 10-03-2008 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Redmer
i think it looks pretty cool
did you purley made it in zbrush?
or dit you made a basic model for it in maya?
when zbrushing do you use an tablet or just the mouse, i think of trying to lear zbrush but i heard its easier to use a tablet because of pressure sensetivity

dude I tried Z with a mouse, DONT, get a tablet you need one!

Looks cool arran, Z's so cool, might give a Z tickle with my lion

arran 11-03-2008 03:35 AM

hey - thanks everyone! :beer:

redmer - yeah i made the base mesh in maya and then exported it over. i think you definitely need a tablet for zbrush - it just gives you more control and is easier to use. i've finally started to get into using one and it's a lot of fun.

GecT - thanks - it's never too early to try it out if you can. :)

gster - yeah - it's very cool - that last sentence sounds dangerous though.

mastone 11-03-2008 06:11 AM

:bow: Adwieeeeeeeen!!! :bow: (<--rocky quote)

arran 11-03-2008 07:04 AM

:)

Gen 11-03-2008 07:56 AM

yeah i should make another go at it, and
gster123 is right about the tablet,so my intuos should be handy yay. i just didnt like working w/ those zsphere thingys.

arran 11-03-2008 08:03 AM

yeah - i don't think you need to understand zspheres to get going - just import a simple mesh from maya, divide it a few times and have a play with the standard brush.

Gen 11-03-2008 08:10 AM

lol i'll just end up getting started on it sooner than anticipated, my boyfriend has been bugging me to do it for a while now. soo i might just post something soon >.>

t1ck135 12-03-2008 12:14 AM

nice one arran, they have come out looking cool :)
did you use physical or photo reference?

Simon

arran 12-03-2008 07:19 AM

hey - thanks mate. :)

both. i found a front and back pic of a pair of everlast gloves. i then went to a local sports store on my lunch break and they happened to have the same gloves.

Terril 15-03-2008 05:39 AM

Its stuff like this that bring me down because il never model something as good as this.........

NeoStrider 16-03-2008 12:24 AM

to terril: the only reason these models look so good is cause they have loads of experience which helps them understand how to model something - they started out just like all the rest of us, but they just kept on practicing and practicing, and won't stop til their models look like they're supposed to.

if you keep on practicing and follow tutorials, you'll eventually get this good. ya just gotta work on it.

(btw nice gloves arran. are they textured too, or is there just a colored material thrown on?)