Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   July Challenge - Wiz - Normal (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6799)

Wiz 10-07-2003 01:05 AM

July Challenge - Wiz - Normal

Hey ,first off i would like to use this message as a greetings message as i have just today joined this lovely forum :)
i am a former user for XSI, and have moved the last few days to the wonderfull world of maya ,i still have some missing tools like a decent bevel ( any Fix for that? ) but other then that i am fairly pleased, and i like the interface :)

i am 17 years old ,in israel , so i am in my summer vacation so i have plenty' of time to accomplish this challenge ,too bad i just joined the forum today ,as i only have 20 more days to go :(

Mainly i use just polygon ,but i see here a few very intresting nubrs models as like "M" "3dJoes" entrys.. which are intresting and great but i am too afraid of the dreaded nubrs :)

i just wonder, the diffrence from just smoothin and using sub-d is when you sub-d you have more control points so you can add extra detail right? i am not very sure about it ,as some people refer so subdivision as simply smoothing ,for example meshsmooth in max ,or when you sub-d in XSI you just smooth things out.. so i am a bit confused..

anyyays after the long bla bla :) ( sorry for that.. but i think its suitable to introdouce myself :] ) here goes my idea..

i am actually torn between 2 ideas i have thought about.

one: a huge mutant roach, with huge spikes ,and deadly teeth, as big as an elephant :]. his history is he was born as a normal roach, but as his was exprimented with some gentic research there was some eror [ ok i know thats pretty much how it allways happens.. but i am "inventor" so ill just follow the big guys ] and as he grow huge, he also adapted his wisdom ,as he knows his strength and does not look nor think like the normal joe-roach. he is smart, and does things wisely for his intentions.

second idea,which i like better ,mainly because roachs are icky :
a wild Buffalow, a buffalow, that was "raised" by indaines, as he was raised with them, they trained him to be the ultimate fighter [giggle enters here] and he ended up extremly deadly but as for his masters, as they realised they have created a "monster" it was a tad too long ,as he have allrdy managed to get a way, and raise teror in the modern cities...

well they stories are really lame =/ but its just some kind of history i just mambled right now, as soon as i decide which one ill go for ( i'd love to hear your'e thoughts offcourse) ill then draw some crappy sketch (crappy is my way ;] ) and then go a head to the project :)

thanks alot ,plesure to be in this forum ,as i have read around and its very nice people and great replies and works :)

^^TwEeK^^ 10-07-2003 01:25 AM

First of all, let me say WELCOME TO SM.

i am also from israel, what city are you from?

as for your beast, i like both of them, especially the buffalow one.
looking forwared to see you model it!

Wiz 10-07-2003 01:31 AM

thats an odd coiencedence as there aren't alot of Israeliens around in 3d forums.. pretty cool to find some one :)

I am from Ramat a sharon,and you?
what are you doing up this hour? : )

thanks alot..

^^TwEeK^^ 10-07-2003 01:35 AM

im from Haifa.
actually right now i am in Canada, i moved here 2 years ago. But i am moving back to israelin 5 days :)

Wiz 10-07-2003 01:37 AM

too bad for you..
:(
really ..

^^TwEeK^^ 10-07-2003 01:45 AM

why? I'm happy about it.

Wiz 10-07-2003 01:49 AM

well i supose you are happy to come back and everything..
but nothing is good here, defense trobules ,finanical troubles ,too hot , and alot of annoying people.. :)

but still ,welcome back :)

^^TwEeK^^ 10-07-2003 01:54 AM

yea .....but its still 10 times better then....canada.........

howardporter 10-07-2003 04:01 AM

welcome! cant wait to see your work.

aL_3891 10-07-2003 10:06 AM

welcome dude :)
but theres a good bevel in maya? at least in maya5 :)
but as far as i know it was there in 4 and 4.5 also O_o

maybe the one in xsi is even better :)

Wiz 10-07-2003 10:13 AM

hmm nah the bevel is all bad :(
it makes loads of unnessacery edges and triangles..
:(

also, is there anyways to connect 2 edges or more and have like a slider.. i use Mjpolytools ,so when i connected edges its in the exact middele ,is there anyways to make it more to the sides or so? :)

I am gonna update a sketch soon.

Wiz 10-07-2003 12:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ok here is an intial sketch ,havent yet added the exegration of muscles and such ,this is just your normal moose, ( yes i went with a moose at the end.. looks like good subject to model)
mainly the idea is the final scene will be more dramtic, you see a gigantic buffed up moose, atached with chains on his legs.. one front leg fighting and his is half jumping.. all fighting to release..

this is just an anotomical study of the moose..
also sorry i can't really draw.. so here goes my first sketch.

now i am gonna draw my idea of my scene..

3djoe 10-07-2003 09:52 PM

Welcome to SM !

that looks like it could make a cool model.

Wiz 11-07-2003 05:10 PM

ok as you can clearly read
i am concept'less ,so as i was bored ,i fiddled around ,so i took a box ,and just began spliting it ( fun fun ^_^) and then it turned out to some moose-(lips and nose) dragon (most features) and cow (he is really fat) combo ^_^ i am not sure what the hell i am doing.. so soorrry :)

misregard the body.. this is really just the start gonna define all the main features ,as the eyes (there deleted now.. ) mouth and nose and ears.. and add alot of subtle facial detail..
and the body not sure yet :) maybe ill give it a human body LOL :)
btw offcourse this is polys ,when i am done ill convert to subd-

Wiz 11-07-2003 05:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:banghead: ~_~ no picture..lol

wow i just got my finals score ,i got 98 in math ^_^ yay !