Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Starcraft 2 (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26278)

17-05-2007 01:12 AM

Starcraft 2

Go look on the Blizzard website NOW!!!!!

I think their cinematics have gotten even better than Warcraft 3Ôs! :eek:

Anyone know if they use Maya for them? :confused:

Weyu 17-05-2007 05:00 AM

I agree, but have in mind that WC3 was realesed 5 years ago :)

I dont think they want to go around bragging with what software they use, it would be like giving out free commercial.

I'm more eager to see what the story is then the graphics, but I got to agree that their design is awesome.

The Architect 17-05-2007 08:16 PM

From what I see StarCraft II is gonna be awesome!

Weyu > 'I'm more eager to see what the story is...'

sclegacy says that theirs a cinematic where you can see zeratul fight kerrigan. So I guess that cryptic ending to Brood War is that the protoss and the zerg are finally going to fight the battle of battles. I wonder who will win?

Anyways the graphics are awesome in every aspect and its nice to see some old units and buildings (like the photon cannons and zealots) from the original updated in high resolution 3D.

Weyu 17-05-2007 10:34 PM

Well hopefully we will see some new enemies, it feels like that the Zerg should be extinct by now. :)

Perhaps we will se a new hybrid race between the Zerg and Protoss.

This info is from wikipedia

"Prior to the climactic battle of this campaign, Samir Duran mysteriously vanishes, much to Kerrigan's annoyance. Unbeknownst to her, but revealed to the player in the secret level "Dark Origins", Duran's alliance with Kerrigan was yet another level of his deception. Secretly, Duran had been conducting experiments on creating viable Zerg-Protoss hybrids at installations scattered across the sector, and he's discovered by Zeratul and the rest of his scattered forces. Duran reveals that he is in fact working for an as yet unnamed force. He warns Zeratul that the hybrid he discovers is only one of many, and they will bring about the end of the current order."

There are rumors that says that Duran is one of the Xel'naga (those that evolved both the Protoss and the Zerg)

The Architect 17-05-2007 11:34 PM

Weyu > 'Perhaps we will se a new hybrid race between the Zerg and Protoss.'

I went through the SC2 FAQ at Blizzard and they said they are not going to have a new race...

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the promised massive unit limit, it will certainly be interesting as the screenshots look incredible.

Weyu > 'There are rumors that says that Duran is one of the Xel'naga'

Duran is certainly one of the mysterious chracters. I think that he isn't Xel'nage though but just some dude who will work for anyone who pays (first the UED, the zerg and now some really powerful guys). I hope he makes an appearence in SC2.

Weyu 17-05-2007 11:45 PM

"I think that he isn't Xel'nage though but just some dude who will work for anyone who pays (first the UED, the zerg and now some really powerful guys). I hope he makes an appearence in SC2."

I doubt that Kerrigan paid him to work for her. :P I think that he work for them to gather intel about their races. And well the only really "powerfull guys" that I've heard of at this moment is the Xel'naga. :)

And blasted Blizzard, they should add another race. :)

Do you know what the unit limit will be?

Edit: Another intressting tough is if Duran is a remainder of the destroyed Overmind.

"Zeratul discovers that Duran is secretly (and under orders from an unknown authority) breeding a Zerg/Protoss Hybrid on a dark moon. This seems to be a completion of the first Overmind's goal of merging the Protoss and Zerg, who stated that this would make the swarm truly powerful. From the manner in which Duran replies to Zeratul (with a completely inhuman voice), and his claim to be many millennia old and to have been known by many names in the past"

The Architect 18-05-2007 12:11 AM

Weyu > 'Another intressting tough is if Duran is a remainder of the destroyed Overmind.'

It would be interesting if Duran is the remains of the overmind. I wonder what his plans are with the hybrids? Obviously to conquer the universe but there has to be something other than that right?

Weyu > 'I doubt that Kerrigan paid him to work for her'

I don't know. He may like infested terrans with hair like medusa and a set of deadly wing/blades :p

Weyu > 'Do you know what the unit limit will be?'

Unfortunately not. But Blizzard does say that they are not trying to make SC2 like WC3 becuase they did get some ppl saying that SC was like WC2 in space (in Brood War Artanis actually says it if you click his unit enough times) so unlike WC3's small unit limit, we get the opposite. I hope its in the thousands.

Anyways, at the moment I'm wonder if bits of SC Ghost will be in SC2? Like Nova being a hero unit or some of the new units being carried over...

Weyu 18-05-2007 12:19 AM

Well if he is one of the Xel'Naga it would be to create the perfect race(that is why they evolved the Zerg and Protoss to begin with)

And well if he is the Overmind it might be to conquer the world to secure his own existance for an eternity. :)

According to the Brood war Duran worked for Kerrigan becouse he was infested by Zerg, but at the end he just ran away from her and she lost all control of him. My theory is that he let her believe that she controlled him so that he could manipulate her.

Yeah SC is a totally different game in comparison to WC3, WC3 focuses alot on the heroes and different magics while SC is more about the numbers. :)

Nova doesnt seem to be such an important character so it is doubtful, perhaps as some sidecharacter just to amuse us. :)

18-05-2007 12:40 AM

Man, I need to catch up on my SC, because I know like half of what you guys are talking about. I havenÕt played this game in maybe more than 2 years.

BTW, I donÕt think that the unit count will be going higher than 500. ;)

The Architect 18-05-2007 12:41 AM

Weyu > 'Well if he is one of the Xel'Naga it would be to create the perfect race(that is why they evolved the Zerg and Protoss to begin with)'

Hmm. But the Zerg and Protoss were failuires to the Xel'Naga. I wonder what they could gain by mixing the two? The Zerg were too vicious and the Protoss were too 'fanatical' so a cross between the two would result in a species that is vicious and fanatical. I think the Xel'naga have a very strange concept of 'perfect'.

Weyu > 'My theory is that he let her believe that she controlled him so that he could manipulate her.'

I agree. But what makes we wonder is what did he gain from that manipulation? The Zerg dominating the Terrans and the Protoss doesn't seem very logical... In Brood War it states that the UED were having some problems fighting the Zerg becuase they were evolving too fast for thier technology to compete with so unless Duran is really that powerful to resist them all, having the Zerg win would be a disadvantage for him.

Weyu > 'Nova doesnt seem to be such an important character so it is doubtful, perhaps as some sidecharacter just to amuse us.'

Nova can replace Sarah as Mengsk's assasin and then in a mission somewhere like Tarsonis, be abandoned to the Zerg who will then infest her... No wait, thats just like the original storyline! :)

Weyu 18-05-2007 12:49 AM

Jr.Who:Hehe, me neither, then you could just buy an awesome computer and outlagg your enemies. :)

The Architect: Indeed they have...Both their races revolted against them. :)

But it is said that the protoss got the purity of form and that the Zerg got the purity of essence, so combining these two could create the perfect creature(Might have been the Xel'Nagas first goal to bein with.

Perhaps Duran just wanted to prolonge the war. :) But if Duran is the old Overmind it would be rather strange that he helped Kerrigan deafet the new Overmind...(Perhaps he didnt like his succesor:P)

I found something else thats rather intressting

"Duran claimed to have created the species on the orders of his masters, who have been asleep for countless ages"

If I remember it correctly the Overmind has no master after it chased away the Xel'Naga. And the Xel'naga have been away for a long time so that is what he might be refering to when he says that it has been asleep for ages. :)

The Architect 18-05-2007 01:04 AM

Weyu > 'But it is said that the protoss got the purity of form and that the Zerg got the purity of essence, so combining these two could create the perfect creature(Might have been the Xel'Nagas first goal to bein with.'

I forgot about that. I think it makes sense now.

Weyu > 'Perhaps Duran just wanted to prolonge the war. But if Duran is the old Overmind it would be rather strange that he helped Kerrigan deafet the new Overmind...(Perhaps he didnt like his succesor)'

If Duran is the overmind, then why did he allow the cerebrates merge to form the new overmind that Kerrigan killed? If he is powerful enough to be creating hybrids, then why doesn't he just command the cerebrates to be his servants again and even possibily recontrol Kerrigan or kill her?

Weyu > "Duran claimed to have created the species on the orders of his masters, who have been asleep for countless ages"

That is interesting. The Xel'Naga have never been said to have gone into hibination, they just left after the Protoss attacked them. So which race has been asleep for countless ages? Perhaps the people who created the Xel'Naga (someone had to have created them)

Anyways, I don't think SC2 will be focusing on the Zerg/Protoss/Terran vs the Hybrids. Blizzard says it will be the Zerg Swarm fighting everyone as usual, a greatly weakened Protoss on Shankuras and the evil/crazy Mengsk ruling the Terran Dominion doing who knows what.

Further more, Blizzard mentions a new jungle world (if I can remember correctly) similair to Auir that starts with 'B'. Perhaps the Protoss are going to move from Shankuras to this and creat a new Auir. After all they did kinda turn Shankuras into a desert world like Korhal after they used the Xel'Naga temple on the invading Zerg in Brood War.

And I don't we won't be seeing the UED. sclegacy says that Kerrigan did destroy them all as they fled.

Weyu 18-05-2007 01:13 AM

Why does someone has to have created the Xel'Naga? :)

Have in mind that the Xel'naga only evolved the Zerg and Protoss, they didnt create them.

And I dont think that Duran is the overmind, as you said he should've had killed Kerrigan if that was the case.

Hopefully Blizzard wont just make this a "Oh blast the Zergs come again" game, they will probably add several twists and turns to make the story even more intruiging. :)

"The Xel'Naga have never been said to have gone into hibination"

Perhaps Duran just said that they were sleeping becouse they have been absent for a very long time.

The Architect 18-05-2007 01:28 AM

!

Weyu > 'Why does someone has to have created the Xel'Naga?'

Hmm. Good point. :)

Weyu > 'Have in mind that the Xel'naga only evolved the Zerg and Protoss, they didnt create them.'

Oops! I forgot that! The Xel'Naga found the Zerg, messed with the genes, failed, found the Protoss, messed their genes, failed and got attacked so they fled. Perhaps this means that the Xel'Naga are messing with Terrans now since I think that a Protoss, think it was either Tassadar or Zeratul (can't remember) said that the humans had great psionic potential, something that the Xel'Naga are interested in.

Weyu > 'Hopefully Blizzard wont just make this a "Oh blast the Zergs come again" game'

In the ending of the Brood War, Kerrigan thinks that a new mysterious threat is after her. Since Blizzard has said there will only be the Zerg, Protoss and Terrans in SC2, what could be this thread?

Weyu > 'Perhaps Duran just said that they were sleeping becouse they have been absent for a very long time.'

Hmm. Perhaps. I just realised though (not that this is related) that Terrans sleep for ages when they travel vast differences, eg. When the UED came out of hyperspace, the mission briefing mentions people getting cryostims. Now since the Terran havn't been around all that long to sleep for ages and Duran certainly isn't working for them, I think we can rule them being his masters. But its interesting though...

Weyu 18-05-2007 01:35 AM

"the humans had great psionic potential, something that the Xel'Naga are interested in."

Indeed but at the moment "they"(whoever they are:)) seem more intressted in mixing Protoss and Zerg, but perhaps we will see some Terran hybrids later on:)

"Duran said it would make no difference, because he had seeded the Hybrid on many worlds"

Perhaps all his hybrid arent Zerg/Protoss. :)

"In the ending of the Brood War, Kerrigan thinks that a new mysterious threat is after her. Since Blizzard has said there will only be the Zerg, Protoss and Terrans in SC2, what could be this thread?"

Well just becouse there are three playable races doesnt that mean that we wont see new races that are in the campaigns. :)