Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Technical Issues (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Outliner Problem (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7838)

foxhound 07-09-2003 06:55 PM

Outliner Problem

When i select the outliner from the menu above it wont come up.This looks like a problem i had long ago with my hypershade that did the exact same thing.Someone told me to delete some preference folder or somehting like that and Maya would replace it automatically like new.Can anyone tell me what folder or directory i have to delete so the outliner can be restored?Thanks for any help. :)

mtmckinley 07-09-2003 08:52 PM

It's possible that it actually is coming up, but it's opening as a minimized window. That's a common issue when using Win XP.

foxhound 07-09-2003 11:10 PM

Thanks again mtmckinley,it was somehow minimized like you said cause when i scaled maya down it showed up magicaly.

Look like this week Maya is out to get me for some reason.lol

xeriphism 29-10-2008 01:08 PM

eek...

Hiya, I have exactly the same problem but tried minimizing windows around the place and still no dice.

I can't get outliner back up and.. well I would really like to resolve this problem... because the outliner makes my life a lot easier being pretty new to this software...

Hypergraph just won't quite cut it the same..

I've tried rebooting, opening different projects, starting new projects, every time, same response, no outliner.

if I go into panels > Panel > Outliner is there but it is greyed out....

any help would be appreciated MAJORLY

Regards
X.

microsoft have some interesting issues.

that one definitely not maya's fault ;)

if i hadn't read this post i wouldn't have eventually made sense of it so though I didn't get a response right away thanks regardless guys ;)

wooT now I can get on with it! *waves*

-X

delver 25-05-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeriphism (Post 279837)
Hiya, I have exactly the same problem but tried minimizing windows around the place and still no dice.

I can't get outliner back up and.. well I would really like to resolve this problem... because the outliner makes my life a lot easier being pretty new to this software...

Hypergraph just won't quite cut it the same..

I've tried rebooting, opening different projects, starting new projects, every time, same response, no outliner.

if I go into panels > Panel > Outliner is there but it is greyed out....

any help would be appreciated MAJORLY

Regards
X.

microsoft have some interesting issues.

that one definitely not maya's fault ;)

if i hadn't read this post i wouldn't have eventually made sense of it so though I didn't get a response right away thanks regardless guys ;)

wooT now I can get on with it! *waves*

-X

Although I'm using Maya 2012 I had exactly the same problem, I googled and with only one compatible result panic set in until I read your post Xeriphism. So thanks to those who helped it also helped me, greatly appreciated.