Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   how to start learning maya? (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1183)

Chester 18-09-2002 08:33 AM

how to start learning maya?

well i got maya 4.5 and REALLY want to start learning.. and NOW!! hehe, this place is really exciting me about maya, and 3D in general :D

but I want to get some direction with maya before i start and dont learn properly :)

ok any tuts I should learn first? ok just think of it as i just installed maya and never opend it yet :) hehe (I did the first two tuts in maya 4.0 but didnt go too deeply with them so i didnt learn much).

Should I just do those lessons that are bundled with maya?

adldesigner 18-09-2002 08:58 AM

Yeap .. might want to try those first ... however you´ll notice that after making two or three you´ll get bored with them since they are not exciting at all ... so you might want to try the free tutorials on this site (the hand tutorial my fav) and afterwards when you get the feeling "this is it" Then go and aim for those VIP ones (which i totally recommend) ...

Actually I´m still learning and haven´t published any model yet (I have a feeling the Challenge Nemos Sub will be my first) So welcome to Maya World!

Chester 18-09-2002 09:02 AM

hehe thanks :)

do you know how much the VIP section would cost me per month in canadian dollars? (from canada eh! :D)

and about the tutorials.. I will do that :)

adldesigner 18-09-2002 09:08 AM

That would be:

34.0251 CAD 1 Month Subscription
85.0569 CAD 3 Months Subscription
145.812 CAD 6 Months Subscription
267.280 CAD 12 Months Subscription

(I just subscribed today so i converted them all ... to Venezuelan Bolivares.)

Lol hope it helps!

Chester 18-09-2002 09:14 AM

hrmm $34.00/month for some tutorials.. ??

is that really worht it.. thats almost as much as my ISP costs me /month..

adldesigner 18-09-2002 09:24 AM

It is worth it

Yeap belive it or not ... It´s worth it.
(They are unlike anything you´ve seen since they are step-by-step movies, not written tutorials)

By the way, I don´t have anything to do with the site, I´m just a satisfied customer. :)

Oh and .. I pay about 63.8099 CAD a month for my Internet access .. (darn that´s a lot) :(

Chester 18-09-2002 09:37 AM

lol maybe im dumb.. but what does "CAD" (not teh ComputerAidedDesign - but in money terms) mean? lol I hope that ment canadian dollars..

adldesigner 18-09-2002 09:48 AM

Yeap ... haha
CAD=Canadian Dollars

Chester 18-09-2002 09:54 AM

haha ok just making sure ;)

Kevin 18-09-2002 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chester
hrmm $34.00/month for some tutorials.. ??

is that really worht it.. thats almost as much as my ISP costs me /month..

1. This may seem a lot but just a couple of points... we add more tutorials to our sections then anywhere else I know - Other sites would only add a MAX of 1 hr per month.

2. We always answer you questions and help when you may have problems in the VIP area - others dont

3. You would have a heart attack if I was to tell you how much it costs to run this site - we have 4 servers running! For example on one of the servers we used 10 GIG of bandwidth in 9 days. And that is just one of them! plus the security costs

4. But Its just a personal choice.... but if I was starting maya and wanted to learn faster I would have loved a site that only charged £9 a month! Instead I had to visit site after site looking for half decent tutorials with no help

5. We let you download the tutorials so you always have something to keep....many others are stream

5. But you could always join http://www.gnomononline.com for $78 CAD per month :)

adldesigner 18-09-2002 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kevin

5. But you could always join http://www.gnomononline.com for $78 CAD per month :)

Enough said .. i stick with this site. Lol :beer:

Kevin 18-09-2002 10:24 AM

but sure, it does look a lot more in CAD then it does in uk £

£9 here would just about buy me a pint of lager and a packet of crisps :)

Protheus 18-09-2002 10:27 AM

Chester... trust me... when you see what they have in the VIP area, you wish that you signed up earlier.... The tutorials are excellent for beginners who start uot with maya.

And for the price.... well if you check what you can dowload... you will NOT be dissapointed !

Trust me: Simply Maya rulez !

Chester 18-09-2002 10:43 AM

kevin i think your right about it seeming a little more in canadaina dollars - cuz here some stuff is a lot cheaper.. and some stuff is a lot more expensive. here that much would be me a steak dinner and a pint or two of lager :) but thats just the way it is.

But why im asking about this is because Im quite young and dont really have any income coming in (although I got my first real job interview next week :D). So I need to spend my money wisely.. but Maya is what I want to do for a career, so if this will help me learn, then well its an awesome investment! hehe :)

hope I never offended you.. this is the greatest Maya site I have been to by far, and I plan on sticking around. But i gotta pritect the little money that i do have at this age.

I will probably sign up for the VIP area later on after i do some of the built in tuts, and free tuts from here. by then I might have that job also ;)

hehe thanks eveyrone

adldesigner 18-09-2002 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chester

But why im asking about this is because Im quite young and dont really have any income coming in (although I got my first real job interview next week :D). So I need to spend my money wisely.. but Maya is what I want to do for a career, so if this will help me learn, then well its an awesome investment! hehe :)

Good Luck then!