Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Christmas Outing - uk guys ;) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9022)

Kevin 19-11-2003 03:44 PM

Christmas Outing - uk guys ;)

ho ho ho and 8 pints of strong lager... (or something like that)

Right its time to start planning the uk`s christmas simply site party day out, so I am leaving it up to you guys to come up with some places and ideas...

So get em down and we will have a vote, probably be around the 13th December (sat)

It would be great to see a few of you guys so please try to make it.

kbrown 19-11-2003 05:34 PM

Hmm... now that Ryan Air flies directly from my city to uk (standsted)... My dad lives in London, I could stay at his place... hmm hmm... only problem would be to get some time off from work, some extra money, and figure out how could I move between places there...

Gotta think of this :)

ckyuk 19-11-2003 08:27 PM

What sort of area are we talking about, down South , Midlands or up North?

Kevin 19-11-2003 10:37 PM

would be nice to see you kman - and ckyuk: this is undecided at this time, but I am willing to travel anywhere in the UK and so is dave so we will go where the most people are.

Scraggy_Dogg 20-11-2003 12:07 AM

Well I live in Manchester and am a regular "Beer Monster" (Among other spectacular party tricks) so if anyones up for it close then yeah, but fraid I cannot travel much due to work etc..

Scraggy :beer:

[Edit] Well yeah I can, but depends on dates? you have any agenda planned ...?

Like South...

Midlands

Manchester dates planned? - lol Hey Kev - with that bike you could do it in a day! :D

OK Lemme know.... :D I'm well up 4 it!

Scraggy_Dogg 20-11-2003 12:19 AM

Doh! just seen the date! 13th (Told you I was a Beer Monster)
Will check it at work tomorrow.. Fingers Crossed...

Scraggy

Chris_H 20-11-2003 01:31 AM

I don't get out enough (if at all).
Would love a beer, but am a little restricted traveling wise as I'm out of work at the mo, bummer! But if you guys get anywhere near Sheffield I'd love to meet up, sounds great!

Zyk0tiK 20-11-2003 10:00 AM

I say peterborough, because kev and dave are right near, plus there are some wicked cheap pubs over here, like £1.30 a pint man, mentallist.

Kevin 20-11-2003 10:24 AM

right guys - I dont think this will work unless a few of you guys are willing to travel a bit.

Myself and dave are willing so it would be nice if people showed a little willing and would move more then 4 yards from there doorstep.

We all work and would all like to just walk to the local kebab house after and pop of to bed but this sadly wont be an option.

And if you are under the thumb a little from the mrs then bring her along.... Kev loves the ladies ;)

Scraggy_Dogg 20-11-2003 10:54 AM

X-Mas doo

OK then - Pick a Venue and a date, and will see if I can make it.
Just may be difficult because I work shifts (Work weekends some weeks :( )
Maybe Midlands area would be a good idea so that none of us have to travel that far? just a suggestion though.....

Oh and Chris_H, no worries, if i'm going, then I can take you in my beemer - Sheffield is only 1/2Hr away from me. (In fact prob 20 mins since I got this beemer ;) )

Scraggy

Kevin 20-11-2003 11:39 AM

ok thats great, had a couple of guys from the slw site also interested so if we say the 13th December is the date then we can all book it off early and its a saturday so you can rest up the day after :)

Scraggy_Dogg 20-11-2003 04:26 PM

Oh well - guess that's that then, I just checked the my shift spreadsheet and I will be working on the 13,14,15,16th December
so maybe next year eh...
Damn work!

P.S. Sorry Chis_H Scraggy

Zyk0tiK 21-11-2003 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kevin
right guys - I dont think this will work unless a few of you guys are willing to travel a bit.

Myself and dave are willing so it would be nice if people showed a little willing and would move more then 4 yards from there doorstep.

We all work and would all like to just walk to the local kebab house after and pop of to bed but this sadly wont be an option.

And if you are under the thumb a little from the mrs then bring her along.... Kev loves the ladies ;)

hey hey hey hey, i'll travel wherever you want me to go! i was just saying there are some really cheap pubs over here and stuff, **** it, how about London? everyone can get to london.

Kevin 21-11-2003 10:12 AM

so then - we have had so far

london
midlands
manchester
peterborough

any more ;)

Alan 21-11-2003 04:26 PM

i'm in london and could possibly be tempted away from my computer screen for a few jars of ale in the local public house...

:)

Alan