Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Battle Arena (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Tournament#1 - Sign up - CLOSED (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5052)

M 08-04-2003 01:54 AM

Tournament#1 - Sign Up - 8 person

Hey, this will be an 8 person tournament! So saying that it will have 3 rounds, at 1 week a piece. What you have to model is the following

Round 1:
Model a small creature with small limbs and just the creature with no accessories, naked.(like a critter of some sort)
Style: Open (Polys, Subd's, nurbs)
Textures: Optional (will help)
Length: 7 days

Round 2:
Model accessories for your critter (Harness, armor, built on guns etc.)
Style: Open (Polys, Subd's, Nurbs)
Textures: Yes

Round 3:
Model an enviroment for your critter (Sewers, Jungle, Cave etc.)
Style: Open (Polys, Subd's, nurbs)
Textures: Yes

Now, the first 8 people to post and say "I will compete in tournament#1" (or along those lines) will be the competators. If within 2 weeks there are not 8 people aquired yet, then this tournament will be cancelled or redesigned. Hope theres a lot of competators :D.

BTW, please read the tournament rules that are in the battle arena forum before entering. Thankyou :).

mumbojumbo_13 08-04-2003 06:13 AM

i will compete in the tournament
hehe number 1 seed :D

tariqrf 08-04-2003 02:06 PM

I will competete in tournament#1

and can i get a sketch of what i am supposed to model??

as for one week, i have a lot of time after that for doing the other challenges.. well.. what can i say..

M 08-04-2003 02:12 PM

Thats the thing, that is up to you :), but if you mean.. can i go and find a refrence that i did not do.. SURE :D. Its the model that i care about. Anyways, remember braam's creature for the futuristic model comp.. thats kinda what i mean, or something like a gremling if you want to go more organic, or just a furball.. its up to you, cute, organic, or a robotic creature :). Thanks for joining you 2.. hopefully we will have more competators and this will actually take off :P.

tariqrf 08-04-2003 02:33 PM

oh oh oh .. i get it .. like those miniatrue robots

M 08-04-2003 03:21 PM

And they dont have to be robots either, anything small and weird... like, its hard to explain, just dont make a full sized robot.. almost like a baby version of anything :).

M 08-04-2003 03:24 PM

Heres an example :)

http://www.automatpictures.com/image...s/gremlins.jpg

GCastro 08-04-2003 08:00 PM

Oh what the heck.. I need more modeiling experience.. I'm In :)

tariqrf 08-04-2003 10:39 PM

i know matt... i decided to model a small robotic version of a bee or some sort of insect that has... (have to check my enty in the tournament)... is that ok???

M 09-04-2003 02:05 AM

Yep, sounds great! Hopefully we can get 8 people though to join.. its been kinda slow. Just letting you know people... 3 have joined, there are (hmmm... 8-3....4.. no....) 5 places left :D. Join when you still can, if you join now.. i will even throw in a free post :O. Lol, j/k.. lets just hope this takes off.. i think it could be fun :D.

tariqrf 09-04-2003 02:09 AM

hmmm... make an announcement in the Members Lounge... i bet you will find sign ups, the next second

adldesigner 14-04-2003 11:49 PM

Hello, guys

I´d like to sign up. Haven´t modeled in quite a while.

Regards,

M 14-04-2003 11:52 PM

Wonderful! Ok, so there is 4 so far, we could run a 4 person tournament, but 8 would be wonderful! Anyone that has already joined or see this, you can talk to others on the page if you want and try to get them to join :). And for the competators so far, in 2 days if there are still not enough people, this tournament will start with 4 :).

Pony 15-04-2003 12:34 AM

Adl is in it and his sig said something about no wimps allowed so I'm in. how could I resist. wouldn't want to be known as a wussy ! although I might just model a WUSSY !!.. LOL
muhahhaaa

thats 5 can we go with just that many if need be ??
and M arnt you going to be in it also ?? looking farward to it..

M 15-04-2003 12:41 AM

Well, if you guys dont mind (seeing i will probably get booted out first round anyways).. then i will join :D. So, I'd like to sign up! "why certainly M".. :D. Anyways, ok.. 2 more that we need. And to answer your question, no.. we cannot just have a competition with 5 or 6..as you need to figure out if it will work out to 1 person remaining. So, 2 could join (regular battle), 4, 8, 16, 36, 72, 144 :D. Ok, but yea, it works like that. It will make a lot more sence once i can get the ladder up and running :), (as soon as the tournament starts).