Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   SuperVillain Challenge - The OrgaMech - Dango (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32603)

Dango77 16-06-2009 11:59 AM

SuperVillain Challenge - The OrgaMech - Dango

Right, not all of my idea is finalised yet, but here's the basis for it:

In the year 2037 the world has been ravaged by Global warming and pollution, in a bid to defend itself from this the Earth boosts cell development and DNA integrity to all plant life, and giving it a form of intelligence so that it may take back the planet. The surface of the Earth becomes an animated deadly jungle forcing mankind to fortify itself in any cities that it can. Viruses and famine set in and we struggle to survive.

In one of these cities BioChemist Dr Daniel Reed, whilst working with a small sample of the Organic life on a way of communicating with the newly empowered Plants, has a breakthrough managing to converse with the plant life through telepathy, and talks of peace begin.

But communication begins to become weaker and in a bid to keep negotiations going he dons a Mecha suit, built to protect from the dangers of the jungle, and heads out of the city to continue his quest for peace.

But once in the depths of the jungle the telepathic link becomes too strong for him and with the jungles voice constantly in his mind he slowly becomes convinced that man really does deserve what has happened to him. He lets the Organic life bond itself with his suit and his mind, and the symbiotic being "OrgaMech" is created.
With a heavily armoured, living suit, an arsenal of weapons and the power to control all the super enhanced Organic life on the planet he heads back to the city to start the eradication of mankind, once and for all....

stwert 16-06-2009 04:26 PM

Cool idea! Looking forward to seeing your character take shape...
your phyto-fighter, as it were... heh heh...

mtmckinley 16-06-2009 08:25 PM

Nice story!

Dango77 16-06-2009 09:00 PM

Thanks Mike!

Came up with a few to choose from but this one seemed like it'd be the most fun to do, and the most evil of the characters, just hope the model ends up good!

I'm going to model each part of the suit separately, export them into Zbrush and do the organic "melded" parts in that I think, then do the Organically deformed Doctor after using the same workflow.
I may only need to model parts of him here and there as he's in the suit but will have to work that out as I go, you'll definitely be able to see his head though, I want him looking as evil as possible!
Really looking forward to doing some sculpting!

Chirone 16-06-2009 09:32 PM

yeah, that definitely requires the graphic novel touch to it

any reason why you chose 2037?

Dango77 17-06-2009 12:18 AM

I'll do my best to give it my best at making it that way Chirone, and I do have an idea for the final image already so I just hope it all goes smoothly and I have the time!

I chose 2037 mainly because I didn't want it set too far in the future, so it's based in a reality that's recognisable. Nearly thirty years seemed like a good time, things would have progressed but maybe not have changed that dramatically, but with the flexibility for creativeness still intact.
37 in particular has it's reasons too, but that's just more personal.
I know a lot of people know this already, but one piece of advice I'd give to anyone making a character is create the whole backstory as in depth as time will allow, even if there seems to be no need, it always makes the character more believable and come to life more!

oldhippie_tom 17-06-2009 02:20 AM

This is a very good story you have come up with. After the last one and how well you did, I can imagine this will be quite well done. The story you have laid out is a very interesting one. Be fun to watch you put it together!!

taquion 17-06-2009 05:53 AM

Ahh, dont leave us this way, write the entire novel or as least a 20 pages tale you can inflate in the future.

Personally I eat all the genetically modified food I can find with the hope of developing some special powers.

Dango77 18-06-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by taquion
Ahh, dont leave as this way, write the entire novel or as least a 20 pages tale you can inflate in the future.

Wish I had the time to write it out, lol! That's another thing I do love to do, I do have an idea for the final entry that could include that so just have see how it goes.

Haven't had time to even make a start on it yet, will do later today hopefully!

Dango77 18-06-2009 02:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've decided to try building the entire suit, inside and out, as detailed as possible, starting with the seating and controls from inside.
The height of the seat is, the top section of the five pieces is neck height, and the bottom piece is around the bottom/groin area. So all in all this is around 2/3 the height of a 6ft person.
Not sure if I'll get as far as texturing it by the final date as I'm going to try and put as much detail as possible into it, but I'll continue on afterwards if not.
Here's the first of probably many many updates...lol

Dango77 18-06-2009 02:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
To illustrate the size here's the side view with an image plane I'm using for scale reference.

Gen 18-06-2009 03:12 PM

Actually that's a pretty sweet back story, he's not your run of the mill bad guy who's dicking around for the sake of being a dick. Good luck to you good sir.

Dango77 18-06-2009 03:27 PM

Thanks Genny,

I like to try and do stories where either the good or bad guy aren't the way they are just because they can be.
With this one I liked the idea of doing a character who to mankind is a villain, but not to the planet. So you kind of get a choice of whether you're on his side or not. He's killing us, but we kind of have it coming...lol!
Plus the scientist himself isn't a villain at heart, but he doesn't totally disagree with destroying mankind either as nature is his life, so he's always in battle with himself, driving him even more insane!

gster123 18-06-2009 04:24 PM

Nice Idea man, looking forward to seeing where you go with this one.

Get cracking with the o'l head and body, get a sense of scale from there

Mayaniac 18-06-2009 07:16 PM

Yeah, great story.... kinds reminds me of an old Tom Baker episode of Dr Who, and guyver lmao.

Looking forward to seeing this come together.