Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Imperial Star Destroyer (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20420)

Tim_LIVID 28-02-2006 05:07 PM

Imperial Star Destroyer

I have decided to start another project, after being turned down from Ninja Theory I think I need some more models under my belt.

I might have two projects on the go soon (along with job hunting which is a job in itself) so the pro0gress might be a little slow.

Anyway, not sure what level of detail this will be but know what im like im sure it will be ridiculously detailed and drag on forever .... bring it on.

:attn:

Tim_LIVID 28-02-2006 05:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)

vedic kings 28-02-2006 06:33 PM

Good luck!

gster123 28-02-2006 06:38 PM

Go for it Tim, cant wait to see you get going on this!!

Tim_LIVID 28-02-2006 06:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Look at that?!

What have I started?!

:headbang:

vedic kings 28-02-2006 06:45 PM

Lol!!

Just start simple, have faith in yourself, I know you can do. Just think about what you can learn from this project!

Again good luck man!:beer:

Tim_LIVID 28-02-2006 06:48 PM

Does anyone know where I can find information about how to start this thing.

All I have are photos like this and film stills.

vedic kings 28-02-2006 07:06 PM

Go to Google image, theres alot!!

Tim_LIVID 28-02-2006 07:10 PM

It's a start, by the time I do the detial I should have found some better ones.

Jay 28-02-2006 08:04 PM

Hey Tim

Ninja Theory Huh? I was going to apply there but the character modeller job had already gone by the time I got round to it.

Anyway, Stardestroyer huh? Shouldve have made Vaders, The Executor. I'd do like VK says and start simple, a poly cube or plane should do it the detail I'd worry about later, which incidently you could do with a displacement for this one.

For more detail stuff on this go to www.the force.net, theres a link in there somewhere to guys making this stuff all the time in 3d you may find what you need. I think its called sci-fimodels.com or something like it.

Hope this helps

Jay

Tim_LIVID 28-02-2006 08:08 PM

To be honest I didn't realise there was a difference until I started. I will give those a look.

Should have a progress report by tomorrow.

See you then.

t1ck135 28-02-2006 08:19 PM

good luck on this one, it should turn out great :)

it might be an idea to get an airfix model as well as the downloaded images so you have tactile reference. I remember having a proper model of one as a kid and it was quite detailed!

happymat27 28-02-2006 08:51 PM

Hey there Tim,

Bummer about the job thing, there'll be other opportunities. Nice choice of model though, are you going down the crazy detailed (super high poly) model path, the incredibly accurate bump map path or a bit of both? Whatever you do good luck,

Take it easy,

Mat.

Tim_LIVID 28-02-2006 09:13 PM

Yer it is a bit of a shame, I did want the job (I did need the job). I have applied to others so I will have to wait and see.

Anyway, I have a feeling I going to be doing amix of the two. Im going to do a simple start and the build it up and up with more detial and see how it goes. I just remember to when I started the Victory and how daunting that was.

magicsy 01-03-2006 08:55 AM

wow tim this is gonna be great, i have those pics 2 (i was gonna try my hands at this Ship also, after seeing ure Boat. Never actually started it though such a huge project. So good luck cant wait to see this one underway.