Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   PT_CRUSIER MR RENDER (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12454)

brian_ellebracht 01-07-2004 09:48 PM

PT_CRUSIER MR RENDER

1 Attachment(s)
Long time no see!!! Been busy at work, a lot of stuff has been going on lately, just got married :) Anyways, one of my latest creations, model is a little rough, so the reflections are a little jaggy :( Please let me know what you think.
Thanks!!
Brian

MainlineX 02-07-2004 01:05 AM

Congrats on your marriage!!:) Your model looks awesome! Great job!! :)

brian_ellebracht 02-07-2004 01:44 AM

Thanks MainlineX!

Kurt 02-07-2004 01:49 AM

Hey bro nice to see you haven't fallen off the face of the earth...Congrats on the wedding mate... best of luck to you and your new wife.

Kurt

ransick 02-07-2004 07:01 AM

yeah congrats on your wedding! new life, new goals, maybe new creations with maya in the future? ;) well, this PT simply rocks man! very nice! thumbs up :)

sjlocke 02-07-2004 11:05 AM

Hey,

That model is sweet. Can you post wire?

How do you create the seams between panels? I guess you model the shape of the panel - ie the bulge by the wheel is a good example, and then you make the seams? I always have problems keeping the flowing shape when I try to do cars.

sj

kbrown 02-07-2004 12:37 PM

My deepest sympathies on your lifetime verdict... err... I mean congrats on your marriage :)

Great to hear from you. About the PT... It might be just the camera angle / focal length but to me it looks a tad wide and low. I might be just hallucinating since there's nothing to compare the size to...

SuperDave71 02-07-2004 02:42 PM

HOLY CRAP!!!!! AWSOME JOB!!!! and also congrats on your new marriage!!!! I wish you guys both the best!!

-SuperDave71

FubaR 02-07-2004 07:56 PM

AWESOME !!!

the only thing I don't like about the picture is the color of the car... black or dark blue would be better (in my opinion ;) )

anyway...good work!

murph 02-07-2004 07:59 PM

ka-ching, looks sweet, except for one thing - i can't do it...

brian_ellebracht 02-07-2004 09:35 PM

Thanks for being supportive! Sorry its been a while, Thanks for the kind words on the wedding! K, I have the focal length set at 120! that’s why it looks so wide, this was Chrysler’s request. Take a look at the Sebring, pt, Stratus and neon virtual tours on

Dodge.com
and
Chrysler.com

I did all of these in Maya, including the interiors! I would like to here what you think. The modeling was a breeze. Chrysler provided insanely heavy and messy data. All I had to do was model on top of it. There data was not useable because it weighed in at about 7 million polys! Yikes. Anyways, take a look at the virtual tours, let me know what you think. Thanks again guys, I really want to start posting more again... I might be moving to London for two mo. in Aug. for a new opportunity . I will know next week.
Thanks again,
Brian

THX1138 02-07-2004 10:05 PM

Been A while since I commented on any work here. Fantastic work, looks like a photograph of the real thing! Congrats on the wedding!

brian_ellebracht 02-07-2004 10:35 PM

thanks THX. Guys, I though that this might be easier. Its a link to the Stratus virtual tour, towards the bottom of the page. THanks,
Brian

http://www.dodge.com/stratus_sedan/p...ndex&type=left

kbrown 02-07-2004 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by brian_ellebracht
K, I have the focal length set at 120! that’s why it looks so wide, this was Chrysler’s request.
That would do it :) Great model anyway!

Zyk0tiK 03-07-2004 10:52 AM

wow very cool!! My mate's dad drives a PT Cruiser, the red one, not my car atall, infact I think it's damned ugly, but that render looks awesome! It's practically photorealistic!! Very cool