Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Finished Work (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   The room (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3846)

Ultragames 09-02-2003 05:41 AM

The room

This was a big learning experiance. I realy put a large amount of time into creating this. I learned alot about modeling in corect ratios, and layouts, and lighting. I may add texture to it later on when I know more about texturing, but untill then, it is a b&w. I realy would love to know what all of you guys think. Please, dont just read this and not reply! I respect all of your 2 cents.

http://home.attbi.com/~digitaldesigns3/room_bw.jpg

Darkware 09-02-2003 06:54 AM

Ahh! It's horrid! Terrible! It burns my eyes!! lol. Just kidding. I think it's great myself. You did a nice job with everything as far as I'm concerned. The chairs, the table cloth, the couch, the railing... it all looks good mate. I think I like the actual layout of the room the best, though.

M 09-02-2003 07:13 AM

Hey ultragames, whats your real name.. or do you want us all to keep callin ya ultra games? Ok.. well, this is absolutely great :D. Very good job. How long have you been modelling for now?

Ultragames 09-02-2003 07:36 AM

its one month in 2 day. I think...

As far as my name, you can call me UG. I have another web allias, but I only use it for gaming. Im glad you guys like it. I love it personaly.

Other coments, PLEASE

dannyngan 09-02-2003 07:50 AM

Looks pretty good. My only comment is the height of the middle platform seems really low. There isn't much sitting room on the couches underneath.

undseth 09-02-2003 08:53 AM

hmm well there are two steps down, which adds to the height (i'm not sure)

But then the stairs are unpractical, as the upstep is propably too high.

But I love architectural scenes!

BabyDuck 09-02-2003 11:38 AM

the slope of the stairs is a bit steep, imho. and from the height of the chairs upstairs, the stair should be at least 8 steps in total (one step should not be higher than 11 or 12 inches). and then what danny said - i would say scaling the couches smaller would help so that they are 1/4 to 1/3 of the ceiling height about.

but great room so far - and nicely lit :)

ereitz 09-02-2003 11:41 PM

I think the details are great! The tablecloth, the chairs, the railing, the couches, the stairs going to the middle level and back the other way to the upper level in shadow. The shadows left by the two different lights. Nice.

I think you could work on the proportions. From my limited knowledge of construction and archictecture I would imagine the level with the dining table on it was an add-on. A more realistic solution to the space problem - i assume here that the floor and ceiling can't be adjusted but the table level can - would be to raise it about 2feet. The first stairs would come out further but there's a little room to play with. The dining table would then be higher and the level of the windowsills would be closer to a realistic height from the table - so that people sitting at the table could enjoy the view. If the distances are arbitrary I would just adjust the proportions so that the couches had some head room - otherwize anyone entering the little couch alcove would dent their forehead on the beam.
Nice work!

tariqrf 09-02-2003 11:50 PM

i have been seing your progress UG.... you are doing absolutely great!!!>... about this render.... the detail is stunning.. the rails..
i really like the dining table... the cloth, the chair...

great work!!
Tariq

Ultragames 10-02-2003 02:25 AM

Awsome. Ill update this post when I can update the image. I have a busy few days ahead, so it might not be till Wedness day, (In my time zone, it now being Sunday here.)

Thanks tariqrf, Im a fast learner, what can I say. If theres anyone else out there with some 2 cents to put in that would be great. Untill then, see you in a few days.

Ultragames 10-02-2003 04:40 AM

Never mind. Who needs to do homework any way? :D :D :D

http://home.attbi.com/~digitaldesigns3/room_bw2.jpg

What do you think about the updates?

Kurt 10-02-2003 05:06 AM

Very nice.. keep it up....

Ultragames 10-02-2003 11:47 PM

question

Is this gallery worthy?

dannyngan 11-02-2003 02:10 AM

Almost gallery worthy.

I still think the height of the middle level is too low. If you put a 6-foot tall person underneath, there's maybe a foot or two of clearance. That makes for extremely cramped quarters in the sitting area.

Now that I look at it some more, the door on the right/lower level seems a bit small compared to the couches. Either the couches are really big -- 4 ft high -- or the door is really small -- 5-6 ft high. Something needs to be adjusted.

Also, I would adjust the framing of the image to eliminate the black background. That might entail adjusting the camera and/or moving objects around. We should be seeing the room not a part of a box with interior elements.

The lighting looks really nice though.

Ultragames 11-02-2003 05:03 AM

8P ;)