Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Realistic Character (Some nakedness) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26511)

Some Guy 08-06-2007 02:16 PM

Realistic Character (Some nakedness)

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,
Here's my latest model that I've been working on. The person was modeled in Maya but all the details and clothing where done in Z brush. The new sub tools are awesome to work with and the 3d texturing works really well. I am hoping to add hair and other clothing details in Maya once the texturing is done.

C&C welcome :)

Some Guy 08-06-2007 02:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Head close up

Some Guy 08-06-2007 02:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Clothing seperated

Some Guy 08-06-2007 02:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Body Close up

Joopson 08-06-2007 04:08 PM

its looking really nice!
the Anatomy is really off though in some places. the stomach, the neck, the head, the hips and thighs. but thats probably just me. ^_^

also, for the hair, make the base in Maya, and then use the rake tool in zbrush!, its such a great tool!

I'm liking the cloth, but apparently she doesn't care about how they bunch up over her hip ;) :p

-Andy

plaski 08-06-2007 08:37 PM

Hey, I think it looks really good. I think we're just not used to seeing a normal woman instead of a super hot fantasy girl, so our brains won't accept it. lol
I especially like the arms. There is some strange folding in the neck, makes her look real butch.

gster123 08-06-2007 08:53 PM

Hey Someguy, looking good so far.

One thing that I would suggest is that hte shoulders look high, and as Joopson said the anatomy might need a tweek, thing it thogugh it might match your refs as not everyones anatomy is correct!

did you use the new tool in Z that lets you make a mesh from an exisitn mesh for the clothes?

I need to try that one out, Ive been playing with the Z project brush for transfering details over from on mens to another, another tool that I want to have a crack with is the retopology tool.

did you render out displacement maps for your model, also any chance of some low poly wires?

Cheers

Steve

Some Guy 08-06-2007 09:52 PM

Thanks for the comments.
The anatomy is way off in some places now that i look at it. I did most of that at 1:00 at night after working on it for a few hours so its good to get some fresh looks at it.

The clothing was done using the mesh extraction and the deformation tools (Inflate, offset etc.) and the wrinkles where mostly done with the lazy mouse tool, gravity and smoothing it. The tweak brush is great for making things non-symmetrical as well. I was going for a messy look just to make it interesting.

Some Guy 08-06-2007 10:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are the low poly wires Steve.

For some reason Z-Brush screwed up some of the topology when i exported it but i think i can fix it. Z-Brush has a new tool that lets you transfer one mesh to another without effecting the hires sculpt . I can fix it up in Maya then bring it back into Z with better topology but still keep the work i have done. I'll read up on that and try to figure it out.

Some Guy 08-06-2007 10:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
In case anyone is wondering about the polygon count change the hands and feet are taken from a model that i generated in another program.

09-06-2007 01:02 AM

lookin good man, i have to comment on your avatar too ITS BUDDY JESUS!!!:p

Some Guy 09-06-2007 01:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah, i like that pic, i think it's from the movie Dogma but i haven't seen it.

Update.
Ive modified the clothing a bit and tried to fix up the overall muscle shape on the body.

Some Guy 09-06-2007 01:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I can still see some problems on the arms but i'm not too concerned atm.
C&C welcome as always :)

Joopson 09-06-2007 01:26 AM

eww, her shoulderblades are really bad, lol
thats the only thing i notice at this point, haha

Some Guy 09-06-2007 01:38 AM

Yeah, i still need to work on that a bit. I'm doing some studying up and should have most of the modeling done by today.