Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Supervillain Challenge - Anasasis (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32600)

anasasis 16-06-2009 02:40 AM

Supervillain Challenge - Anasasis

Im deffinately in ive got an idea for like a medieval armoured up villain with some kinda evil powers im starting tonight thats that. Should have concepts up soon

anasasis 21-06-2009 01:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay guys started building some armour its got some colours thrown on it and ive been outlaying uv's as ive been creating them ill be taking a tad lower sub,d version into zbrush at the end of this to really give the leather its stitches and some scratches same for the metal just some random weathering and ill more then likely Add the color in zbrush as well. But still a lot to do anyone got some hints love to here them. P.S the body will be modelled in later but their wont be much to see mostly armour these pieces have been modelled from orthographic views

anasasis 21-06-2009 01:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
and with a bit more work starting on the calf guards as well i was watching a nice gnomon tutorial on detailing leather straps should come in handy. and the sword will be completely changed i really dont like it in the slightest

Dango77 21-06-2009 02:21 AM

Looking good Anasasis, the render is a little dark, making it hard to see but I can tell enough that it's a good start!
Will look forward to seeing him progress!

anasasis 21-06-2009 02:41 AM

thanks heaps dango ill remember that for the rest of my posts

anasasis 21-06-2009 03:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
alrighty got to work on it a bit more im thinking now i might make him almost like a knight priest give him the priest type collar etc. just another idea but still moving along. in this one i did started the under garment robe type thing im going to extend it out on the sleaves as well but only just longer then the shoulder guard i think lol

anasasis 21-06-2009 07:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
and the end of todays work with the sleves and the lower torso completed just remember this will all be taken down to level 1 sub,d and brought into zbrush tomorow ill be starting on the head then because of work probably wont touch it for another 6-7 days so trying to get as much out of the way as possible

Chirone 21-06-2009 07:52 AM

when you're talking about sub-d are you saying you're working in sub-d and not polygons?

just asking because you know that obj files don't know what sub-d is right?

anasasis 21-06-2009 12:45 PM

sorry yeah your right chirone i meant level one subdivisions in the smoothing options probably shouldnt abreviate it like that when so many people know sub,d as meaning something else thanks for the heads up

anasasis 30-06-2009 01:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
alrighty its been a while been a tad busy i started working on the head this is a post of the main features blocked in i always model with the smooth proxy sitting next to the low poly just to see whats going on and i quickly whacked my reference image front on angle onto the smooth proxy just for this post it looks kinda cool. anywayz will be taking this into z-brush as well just like everything else. would love some crits

gster123 30-06-2009 03:24 PM

Looking like nice progress so far.

anasasis 01-07-2009 05:52 AM

thanks heaps gster

anasasis 04-07-2009 01:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
hey guys took the head through z textured it using zapplink i usually use the z project brush but thought id try another way and it worked well i had to do a lot more work in ps after the texture was baked but anywayz yeah pretty happy with it still needs a bit of work though and another eye

anasasis 06-07-2009 02:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
just throwing parts together plus i found some awesome 4k elephant skin scans over at gnomon by alex alvarez so ive used them for my chestplate

Chirone 06-07-2009 02:57 AM

elephant armour? he must be a very very tough villain then!! XD

i think it looks really cool!

that neck looks like it could do with a throat though, at the moment it looks like it's pushed and it kinda looks a bit weird