Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   A christmas tradition. (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34853)

elephantinc 24-12-2010 05:12 PM

A christmas tradition.

Three years ago I was bored so spent a large part of christmas day animating snow and ever since I've spent every christmas animating something festive; I need suggestions on what to animate this year. It could be anything, a roasting fire, phanteater with a santa hat....

Jay 24-12-2010 08:53 PM

Do a snowman and all the snow melting. Im sick of the fricking snow here in the UK, the whole place comes to a complete standstill, and everyone panic buys bread and milk - its so gay!
Jay

G-Man 24-12-2010 09:48 PM

LmAo...Jay mate, that happens here, even with only one flake falling and half inch forcast for three weeks in teh future ....
G-man

Nilla 24-12-2010 10:38 PM

How about a giant bomb that gets launched from outer space and lands in Europe and defrosts the place into a working continent again? It could hit at the european parliament in Brussels not to damage the rest of the population:)

24-12-2010 10:49 PM

I like Jay's idea, but with a snowphanteater instead of snowman :P

Jay 24-12-2010 11:13 PM

what is a phanteater anyway?? Am I missing something obvious

Gman - I tell ya I could kick peoples asses here I really could, if only they could see how stupid they look. It snowed heavily a few weeks back, my Mrs was saying the supermarket here was allowing only one loaf of bread per customer - like its World War 2 or something.....its just wrong - okay so delivery trucks are gonna get delayed a bit but only for a day or so....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ( runs away!!! )

G-Man 25-12-2010 02:32 AM

shit mate, earlier this year, my son was out of school for all but 3 days of January... Most of the time, there was no snow at all on the road...the canceled school for hte whole county because one kid couldn't get to school who lived on like at the bottom of a ten foot tall hill whit a creek running across the base in the shade so their was a patch of snow on the road that was exactly 3 inches across, by 2 inches long, and 1/148th of an inch thick.. LmAo!. i love snow...its beautiful...in pictures of the mountains....and even in my back yard, twice a year.. so long as it falls perfectly in the yard and non on the road...-nod

G-man

25-12-2010 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 312032)

IIRC it was his renditions of elephants for Elephant Arena (?)

bullet1968 25-12-2010 09:07 AM

You are welcome to come and swelter with us in Perth Jay...only 39°c today...melt melt melt

cheers bullet

acid has the idea elephantic LOL

elephantinc 25-12-2010 10:18 AM

YouTube - Phanteater walk cycle
(ele)Ph-anteater

Mayaniac 25-12-2010 10:27 AM

How about the giant phanteater sat in a chair in front of the fire, picks up a glass and drops some elephant shaped ice cubes into his glass, then pours himself some whisky over the top, sits back and slowly takes a sip.

Or, same scenario, but his posh glass diamond-cut whisky bottle is in the shape of an elephant, he pops the head off (cap) and pours himself a glass. Sits back and enjoys.

... nuke Europe sounds good too.

Chirone 25-12-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 312032)

tut tut tut :eek: there's also no waving-finger-at-you-dissapointingly smily

do an elephant bursting out of a snowman