Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   April Challenge- Witchy: Nooby (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4941)

Witchy 02-04-2003 05:32 PM

April Challenge- Witchy: Nooby

Am vaguely in although I was having a hard job thinking of something to model. Then thought of Terry Pratchett, Dante, Botticelli and a few other things and decided to adapt a well known idea- Hell's Angels. In Hell. A sort of Hell's Angel for the afterlife to round up souls etc and ensure Satan has a ready supply of cold beer and mind altering drugs.

Found an interesting and very odd pic on the net so will use this as a basis, although I am thinking different headgear, more chains and big axe/ smoting thing. Perhaps something to ride on but havng not played with many organic things in the past the figure will probably be enough!

http://www.drippingblood.com/images/...angel-door.jpg

Have drawing abilties of a dead dog so I fear a lack of concepts on my part. Not sure whether I'll end up with a cartoony or serious look but we shall see. Hope this is ok- doubt my ability to deliver it!

Witchy 04-04-2003 04:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Couple of progress shots, firstly the basic body, showing glove in development (left is basic hand in construction, right is finished glove and a wire) and the start of the biker boots- the body is just a marker for where the clothes will go so it is not that detailed or as bulky as it will hopefully end up. But his boots and hands will be a bit bigger than his body in the end to give him a knuckle dragging look.

Incidentally thanks for the hand and simple man tutorials- they are coming in rather useful for this challenge!

Witchy 04-04-2003 04:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Then a shot of the boots in progress- always like to model from the bottom up :) They currently lack fittings and fixtures.

Snich 04-04-2003 05:43 PM

That's a good start, I like the gloves a lot. Are you going to have those enlonaged fingers/nails like in the picture. It'd look cool to have some real long nails come out the finger tips. Keep up the good work!

Witchy 06-04-2003 07:08 PM

Couple of updates, boots and legs.

Thanks Snich, one hand is going to be a sort of mutant thingy, the other normal.

Comments welcome 8)

Witchy 06-04-2003 07:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oops image didn't attach...

Witchy 06-04-2003 07:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And a wire (smoothed and unsmoothed)

Witchy 07-04-2003 02:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Shall keep posting - comments are welcome!

Started work on torso- rough jacket shape in place (started work on bottom of it), and monster arm thing in progress.

ereitz 07-04-2003 04:58 AM

looking really good - like the hand.
How are you going to pose him?

M 07-04-2003 05:39 AM

Hah, lookin nice! Its definately forming! Are you going to make this moreso evil than your ref? Just wondering... great so far though :D.

Witchy 07-04-2003 02:45 PM

I'm currently considering a level of evilness! Not quite sure where I am going! Have a motorbike helmet and skull idea vaguely forming.

As for poses I think guarding a gate with a big pointy thing might work, but as this will be the first thing I will have rigged who knows, probably end up posing in a big messy blob like The Thing if I am not careful! I have Mike's rigging tut though and really need to do this one and my mad scientist guy- this one will be good practice as his legs are a bit bigger.

[icarus_uk] 07-04-2003 09:47 PM

I suggest just having a skull with bits of his flesh and muscles still hanging off. Maybe only one eye ball and a few teeth left over. Of course this would all have to be anitomically correct. :)

Looking good Witchimus.

Witchy 08-04-2003 07:22 PM

Just say no to anatomical correctness!

Good idea on skull though I shall see what I can do.

[icarus_uk] 11-04-2003 12:44 PM

You know you wouldnt be happy if a facial muscle was even slightly wrong.

Witchy 11-04-2003 03:20 PM

Good job it won't have any then.:D