Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Battle Arena (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Battle Requests & challenges (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4543)

Kevin 12-03-2003 11:19 AM

Battle Requests & challenges

Please place all your battle requests and challenges in this thread.

Make it clear what battle you are wanting ie:

1. Battle Request
2. Battle Challenge

Please read the rules before battleling

Have Fun!

I-Iybrid 30-03-2003 01:32 AM

Battle Request

To: Anyone who wants to accept
Topic: YOUR Computer Monitor
Modeling Type: Polys
Textures: No
Time Limit: 1 Week (7 days)

**You must supply a picture of you personal monitor, because you will be modeling the monitor you use/have**

So, anyone up to the challenge?

mumbojumbo_13 30-03-2003 03:34 AM

yeh iybrid id be up for it if you dont mind going against the watermark ?

I-Iybrid 30-03-2003 05:00 AM

Hey mumbo, its Hybrid man, lol. But yea, I dont mind the watermark. Works for me :)

mumbojumbo_13 30-03-2003 11:54 AM

ok you start the thread and ill get me montior pics

tariqrf 31-03-2003 12:31 AM

Battle Request

Topic: A detailed robot/semi human robot
Modeling Type: Any
Time Limit: 1 and a half weeks

Rules:
1. you should read the second rule
2. you should read the first rule

joking...

1. You should post W.I.P's and how you made stuff (not necessarily, but just a hint to allow people to learn about maya a bit more, well, me actually)

M 01-04-2003 02:46 AM

Battle Request

To: Anyone who wants to have fun and compete!
Topic: A Weapon (futuristic, or modern)
Textures: Optional
Time Limit: 7 days

Rules - Have a fun time, post progress and wireframe at the end. Describe its ablities and what it does, this has to be a gun of some sort. If you want to do a bomb or grenade, it has to be quite detailed and not boring :D, unless you want to loose. Gwa ha ha.

Bring it on!

jklaroe 01-04-2003 02:54 AM

I guess I will take your challenge M :D
---
Do you want to start the thread or what? And I might be a bit slow, but I will try my best to win. :D

O' and it's already been broughten :D

In fact it's been on and then off and now it's back on agian :D

I-Iybrid 01-04-2003 02:56 AM

Allright, more battles!

M 01-04-2003 03:17 AM

Oh, lets go jklaroe... your mine! Wooooo.

BTW, thats fine if its a bit slow in progress, seeing i have a ton of stuff to do as well :P. This should be good though. woooot.

Kevin 01-04-2003 09:13 AM

Battle Request

To: Anyone
Topic: Female Body
Modeling Type: whatever - I am using mainly polys but maybe nurbs to get basic shape.
Textures: No - I don't have time
Must show refs and quite a few screenshots
Time Limit: 1 month - sorry guys , just that im going to struggle finishing as it is - but if we are both there or there abouts then cool!

Rules - I created a female body last week but rushed through it so wanted to better it - now this is a big project so: This sounds silly but I really want to concentrate on the body only - no head as yet as I really wont have the time, but maybe we can add as we go? The female needs to be curvy. She can have either bare feet , boots or shoes. She may have a dress (no cloth used) and may have a top but the body must been seen. The final overall body should be quite sensual / sexy.

Hands or gloves can be used

GCastro 01-04-2003 05:26 PM

Battle Request

To: anyone that want to practice their animation skills

Topic: Animating a 10second audio clip from the 10secondclub animation group for the month of April

Models: You can use your own, or a pre-modeled/rigged character.

Textures: None, concentration and emphasis should be placed in the animation.

Resolution: 320x240 Mpeg1 for wider viewing audiance

Time Limit: 1 month, the end of April.

Rules: Ok, I'm hoping the next audio clip from www.10secondclub.org for April will be a good one to animate to. It's not out yet, but in a couple of days we'll see what it is. We should show progress of our animation, and any animation tecnique you like is all good. Remember, This battle is for great character animation. pre-built models/rigs recommended as it will give you more time to concentrate on the animation as well. I can post the link to the audio clip as soon as it becomes available.... Let's get ready to ruuuuummmmble! :)

tariqrf 02-04-2003 01:10 AM

hey kev.. i am with ya... i am up.. i did make a female body a while ago.. about 4 months back, and yeah.. i agree with ya.. no heads, no hands, and no feet.. only body.. and btw, who is going to be the judge?

Kevin 02-04-2003 09:56 AM

sure thing T

Well I would like to get as much done as possible..so how bout this... The minimum is the body/legs and arms, either feet or boots and hands or gloves?

If we have time for a head we shall do it?

How about as It wouldnt be fair for a mod to judge then we just stick a poll on this one?

so...you up for it?

Nem 05-04-2003 11:55 AM

BATTLE REQUEST

Battle Request

To: Anybody :)

Topic: (this is a different one) Full working skeleton for a biped character

Time limit: 4 hours

Rules: contestants must show pics of their progress. no actual model must be used, just create the joints and the IK and anything else you want to make the rig work, just dont bind it to an actual character. The final rig should be saved as a maya scene and posted onto the forum where the mod will download them and judge them both :)

Good luck to whoever applies :)

tariqrf 05-04-2003 04:12 PM

agreed,, my conn is out right now.. i will be a little late on the W.I.P.. no probs?? yeah.. i can do the head too.. but 1 month?? phew thats a lot of time kev, yeah.. and btw, i will be using the same reference pic as i did last one (4 months ago), its from a tutorial, but i wont be following the tutorial method, (i think you know it, the modelling with cylinders tutorial.. i dont know the website, but i have the ref pics on my backup hdd,, so will be using that. no probs right??, and again, i will be using my own method, not the tutorial's method), hope you wont mind the late updates,,, but i wont be able to come on the internet as i was able to b4... anyway,,

waiting for your reply K,, :D,

your sm M8, T

M 24-04-2003 06:21 AM

Nem and GC.. thanks for having a request.. i think though that either people do not want to challenge you on that subject, or no one is visiting this thread :P.. maybe we should unstick it so people can see when theres a new post by the position of the thread. Also, for you tariqrf.. the reason it was a 1 month competition is that kevin is just up to his heels in work.... oh.. (up to his head in work ;)). Good luck on that though :).

brian_ellebracht 24-04-2003 12:33 PM

Battle Request:

If anybody wants to work on a 1 week challenge with me starting at the earliest next week, please let me know. :) I think it would be really fun. :) I am up for a challenge!
Brian E

Kevin 24-04-2003 12:39 PM

any particular topic brian?

brian_ellebracht 24-04-2003 01:12 PM

I am pretty open minded about this, However I would really like it to be something mechanical, or it could be modeled off of something in a movie, like, back to the future delorian, explorers, tilt a wheel. ect... But I think if it was based off something in a movie, that both people should be modelin the same thing. :) if whoever is wanting to challenge wants it to be more than a week depending on the complexity of the competition, than that is perfectly fine with me. :)
Brian

M 24-04-2003 03:33 PM

Heh, yea i will battle you brian... NOT. Lol, j/k.. It would count as an auto death.. but it would still be fun :). Im actually just in a tournament right now and have a lot of other stuff but if no one takes up this request and if vectorman wins then sure thing, i will battle ya :). If you want more of a challenge though, then im the wrong guy.

brian_ellebracht 24-04-2003 03:51 PM

lol M ur funny. Its just for fun. I am doing it for motivation more than ne thing else. Anyways, your stuff is getting better everyday! Your 5th element Gun turned out great! I would take a shot at anyone who wants to try :)

Brian

M 24-04-2003 04:01 PM

Thanks brian, means a lot :D. Give me a while, until this tournament is over.. then i will have you a battle :), if no one else has taken up your challenge :).

brian_ellebracht 24-04-2003 04:20 PM

Sounds good M, so if anyone wants to do a quick challenge with me B4 I challenge M, please let me know! :)

twisteddragon33 26-04-2003 05:04 AM

i can try but im still a novice. You can choose the object, b ut try not to get TOO complex. I dont mind losing... just sinse my last battles ive started and stopped about 32 projects because no inspiration. Hopefully this will give me some. and i like mechanical objects.

So.. you choose and see if we agree?

Pony 26-04-2003 05:11 AM

brian I would love to do some battles with you. I'v got to much going with the challenge and tournament at the moment. But you would be someone I would have to push my self farther and faster with !! Maybe after the challenge.

twisteddragon33 26-04-2003 05:59 AM

.... maybe i should find someone a little more.... um... worse.

Pony 26-04-2003 06:37 AM

twisted hay thats how you get better thogh!. set your sights high and thin trot up the mountan !! at least you will learn a lot!

brian_ellebracht 26-04-2003 11:08 PM

Umm.. It will be fun guys, anyone? I thought of an idea. How about a photorealistic Flower?? Think that the modeling would not be to hard, but the textures might. I don't know. Let me know what you think! Thanks guys,
Brian

if not a flower, how about a kitchen appliance? lol
I am just in the mood try try something realistic, but not to difficult, maybe even a soda Bottlecap, like a 20 oz...

Pony 27-04-2003 09:28 AM

Brian I'm all for the photoreal idea.. I like the ideas you had of what to do..

I'v got a majer ! headach from UV maping lusifer right now.. so will talk about it more when I recover !

adldesigner 27-04-2003 09:42 AM

I´ll accept your battle Brian
Please PM about details before starting.
I like the flower idea.

brian_ellebracht 28-04-2003 11:56 AM

adldesigner,
sounds great! I got your email, thought that I would reply here. Um.. How long? don't know, I have finals and stuff this comming week, so I am going to be studying alot, and finnishing up some animations, so Maybe two weeks, starting today? A week? Its up to you. I really want the final render to be a composite as well if that will work for you. I figured we didn't need to work on the same flower, as long as we are both working on flowers. I look forward to working on this with you. Let me know what you think! THanks,
Brian

adldesigner 28-04-2003 12:06 PM

Excellent Brian, I have some trouble too ... so the two weeks deadline seems reasonable enough.

Topic: Photorealistic composite of a flower.
Time Limit: 2 Weeks
Textures: Yes
Post-Processing: Allowed

Do we agree on these terms?

brian_ellebracht 28-04-2003 12:19 PM

Sounds Great, so I guess it would be may 12th then? Cool! THanks alot for the challenge!
Brian

adldesigner 28-04-2003 12:22 PM

May 12th it is.
I´ll make up the thread.
I´ll post May 14th to allow for two days of voting.

Thanks to you too, I´ll enjoy it. :)

brian_ellebracht 28-04-2003 12:34 PM

Cool! So were starting today right? THanks! Can't wait to start. I promise I will get the final render in this time. lol
Brian

adldesigner 28-04-2003 12:39 PM

I promise so too. ;)

**EDIT** Battle thread is up by the way.
Can be found here

twisteddragon33 06-05-2003 12:38 PM

I wonder why no other challenges have come up... I kind of want to join one but dont want to start one... no idea what to make..

mumbojumbo_13 07-05-2003 12:01 PM

well if there's a demand for a mobile you could battle someone to make a mobile then upload it into the model section ?

Apollo15 11-05-2003 04:02 AM

newbie guy

Battle Request

To: Anyone that will battle a newbie
Topic: build a Mech,Mecha
Time Limit: not really set yet but i say 1-2 weeks

~TJ~

AIM:Apollo151228
MSN:Apollo128@hotmail.c